Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games you may not know about....obscure games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Games you may not know about....obscure games.

I play a lot of offbeat games. I always seem to find games that are... different. For example; Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom for the nes. It's a point and click game about a tomato that's a princess lost in a world full of veggies. Your job is to find her parents. It's an interesting game, and a novel concept. Another game is The Twisted Tales of Spike Mc Fang for the snes. It's a RPG about a magician/vampire. His attacks are spinning and hitting his enemies with his cape, and throwing his hat. His life bar is tomatoes. His enemies include garlic cloves, bats, spiders. It's a cute game. Ogre battle is a RPG for the 64. It's a strategy game about a young man caught up in a war. This game is interesting because each decision you make impacts the story and the ending. There are several different endings for a lot of replay value. Post any obscure games you like to play.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I like to Play.....
    I would call this an obscure game....only because I'm sure it blew over most people range of games.
    Secret of Mana or the Seiken Densetsu trilogy (SNES) is one of my personal favorites.
    Bringing Co-Op and RPG elements together for just a great game series.
    I'd post more, but I might just ramble.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Secret of Mana is a good game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Already mentioned this in the other thread, but I gotta say Outcast on PC. It might seem pretty shit today, but it was actually way ahead of its time when it was released. And aside from hardcore fans I've yet to meet anyone who's even heard of it, let alone played it, so yeah.

Oh, and Anachronox. Everyone should do themselves a favor and play this. For realz.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow. I will check that game out. Thanks, Gare.

Thanks
    EP Points

i WANT to play Yume Unleashed but my mac refuses to run it with Wine

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    i WANT to play Yume Unleashed but my mac refuses to run it with Wine
    Who you're telling
    and I was hoping it'd work too.
    Maybe if I Download it again.....

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You guys getting it from here?

Link removed.

or somewhere else? im currently downloading part 1 from here...
    Last edited by Tanthias; 15th-June-2012 at 02:20. Reason: Site appears to contain warez.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Sword of the Samurai. I should totally try to find it for you guys, with a link or whatnot. Old DOS game, pretty much the best thing ever made since I changed the hang out title. Only I did that over ten years after SotS was released. Which brings me back to the fact that you can kidnap the other daimyos wives or whatever. Or maybe the only kidnap your wife, I forget. Great game nonetheless. You start out as random japanese guy, and through sucking up to people and waiting for them to die, or, you know, speeding up the process a bit (if you fail with killing them your clan is forced to go through that whole sepukku biz. Or is it seppuku? I forget). Try it. Now.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sword Of Time View Post
    Who you're telling
    and I was hoping it'd work too.
    Maybe if I Download it again.....
    so it's not working for you on a PC? good then that means its the copy i found and not a compatablity issue and sheras i got no clue

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    so it's not working for you on a PC? good then that means its the copy i found and not a compatablity issue and sheras i got no clue
    Well that link was bad...tanthias removed it. and the dl was slower than crap too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

Obscure Games ,..well this is one of my obscure-favs:
    Eien no Filena [Eternal Filena], an old RPG for the SNES. . It's very interesting and for it's time this would have been very controversial if released in America.

"The games name translated is Eternal Filena and according to wikipedia the game is based on a series of fantasy novels by Takeshi Shudo whom is a script writer for Pokemon. Now don't let that change your mind about playing the game as it is obviously a game made for adult. You play a 16 year old girl named Filena. Filena is one of the last of her kind and is forced into slavery as a young child. As a result she is forced to train for many years and pretend to be a boy so she may have a chance to escape slavery and discover who she is and to stop the slavery of all the Cletians of the world.

The storyline is no doubt the best part of the game. I have never read the novels and, to be honest, have never heard of the series or the game until recent. As a result I don't know how accurate the game is to the novels. Nevertheless, the storyline is probably the best part of the game as it keeps you constantly interested what's going to happen next. Another interesting part about the story is the constant racism that you have to undergo throughout the game. You will walk into certain areas of a town and people will say to you how they can tell you are a Cletian by the terrible smell you let off. You are constantly belittled. Another interesting aspect of the story is the somewhat lesbian relationship that Filena has with a girl she meets at the beginning of the game, Lila. Lila falls in love with you as the game goes on, much to Filena's discretion."

the game was E-translated and patched by satsu---> http://www.romhacking.net/translations/761/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Izuna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, Izuna. This game sounds interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    Thank you, Izuna. This game sounds interesting.
    Your Welcome! i certify it! lol . if you have the time, give it a try.

Edit: didn`t know EP had the game already patched.
    Spoiler warning:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-June-2012 at 09:46.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Izuna For This Useful Post:

LSA

Thanks

I don't know many others who have played this one, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, but it's a great little third/first person shooter. It's comparable to MDK 2 in terms of humor and the fact that there are three different, uniquely different, campaigns to play through. Multiplayer was also really damn fun. Highly recommended if you enjoyed games like MDK or Armed and Dangerous.