Thread: need help playing my isos/csos on psp

Thanks

Default need help playing my isos/csos on psp

I have a psp 3001.I downloaded cfw,installed it from the memory stick,and loaded up all my isos and other emulators.the emus work,but it won't recognize my isos.I have psp and ps1 games on there.so I would like to ask for a serious start to finish step-by-step guide for idiots so i know I did everything right and if I didn't,start over and do it right.anyone willing to help,I greatly appreciate it.please help,I'm stuck in the field with a crazy platoon and I just want to relax

Thanks
    EP Points

Unfortunately most of my custom firmware experience has been with the PSP1000 and older PSP2000's (much easier to "hack" as far as I can tell), and am rather outdated as far as newer hacks go, however this guide seems easy enough to follow;

http://zx-psp.blogspot.com/2011/02/h...so-loader.html

This guide assumes you're using the 6.20 TN-E custom firmware, so if you're using a different one you may be SOL as far as this guide goes. It would be easier to help find a solution for you if we knew what custom firmware you're using exactly, as well as perhaps what guide you used to install it; do you still have a link for it?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Yeah it is 6.20.and I went all over the net,particularly YouTube
    Last edited by tenshi_musha; 12th-June-2012 at 12:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, good to know. Have you tried following the guide I linked to in my previous post? Here's a couple more links to guides in case the first one doesn't work, seem simple enough;

http://psp.dashhacks.com/2010/12/25/...-tn-a-released

http://zx-psp.blogspot.com/2011/01/h...theus-iso.html
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Modern CFW (PRO and ME) already come with multiple ISO loaders. Prometheus is redundant when we have the Inferno driver .

Where did you put your PSP ISOs? Remember, they do not go in the GAME folder ("ms0:/PSP/GAME", where "ms0:/" is the root of your MemStick) they go into the ISO folder. If your CFW did not automatically create one, make one yourself in the root of your MemStick. Additionally, take them out of any other folders they are in, so just the .iso/.cso is in the ISO folder.

Side note: .cso= Compressed ISO, meaning that they are smaller. Save space by using either CISO XP or PSP ISO Compressor to compress your PSP games.

The PSP can not run PSX (PS1) games natively, so you have to use use PSX2PSP (or a similar program) to conver it to a EBOOt.pbp. There is a guide Here. These do go in the GAME folder.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 13th-June-2012 at 03:29.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    Modern CFW (PRO and ME) already come with multiple ISO loaders. Prometheus is redundant when we have the Inferno driver
    That's what I assumed, given the bit of research I've done over the last couple of days. The only issue being it sounds like OP is on an older CFW that doesn't have the built-in iso capabilities, and I was just recommending a loader that should work on what he has, rather than trying to figure out if he could even install the newer CFW. Of course if he can given the type of PSP he has, even better

I remember when there were only a couple different branches of CFW and they were all essentially the same function-wise, with all the new models and exploits out nowadays it's a serious clusterfuck in comparison. =/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    That's what I assumed, given the bit of research I've done over the last couple of days. The only issue being it sounds like OP is on an older CFW that doesn't have the built-in iso capabilities, and I was just recommending a loader that should work on what he has, rather than trying to figure out if he could even install the newer CFW. Of course if he can given the type of PSP he has, even better

I remember when there were only a couple different branches of CFW and they were all essentially the same function-wise, with all the new models and exploits out nowadays it's a serious clusterfuck in comparison. =/
    Both PRO and ME have 6.20 versions, and there aren't very many exploits anymore. Now you just put PRO in your GAME folder and run it from the XMB no matter what PSP you have.
    ... Speaking of which, it would help to now what CFW you have installed, tenshi_musha.

But I know what you mean. It can be nearly impossible to Google general questions about this stuff without hitting a wall of outdated information, most of contradicting. Just keep looking at the dates, I guess.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 13th-June-2012 at 03:49.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

Love the response.really,this is great.but my screen just cracked yesterday on my way out to guard,soooooo....yeah.......I think ill just get the 2 or 1000 version next time,which will probably be a while.sucks,I just got this one too....thanks anyway,guys.