Thread: Game Boy Color on your Blackberry

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Game Boy Color on your Blackberry

Of all places on the internet, I'm surprised that there isn't alot of emulation support for the Blackberry here (I'm kind of a fanboy, sue me ).
    I've yet to actually follow the procedure myself, but to me, exposing more people to emulation reigns above in priority. Please, to those who wish to join me in giving this a shot on their respective Blackberrys, comment or share your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nggrs on crackberry forums
    1. Download MeBoyBuilder.jar you can find it here arktos.se - MeBoy (You must have Java installed for this to work)

2. Run MeBoyBuilder.jar, and hit Add Game, and go ahead and add whatever games you like (They must be ROM files) You can find some here ⁞emuparadise.org - Handhelds/Cellphones - Nintendo Gameboy Roms & Nintendo Gameboy Colour Roms

3. After you have added the ROM, hit create MeBoy.jar, it shoud create 2 files, MeBoy.jar, and MeBoy.jad you can go ahead and delete MeBoy.jad

4. Next connect your Blackberry to your computer and find it in My Computer, it should show up as Removable Disk.

5. Open up the Removable Disk folder and drag MeBoy.jar right in there.

6. Remove your BlackBerry from your computer, and go to the Media Folder on your device.

7. Hit Menu and then Explore.

8. Next hit Media Card and then MeBoy.jar it should now install MeBoy to your device.

9. After it has finished you can find MeBoy in downloads.

10. Enjoy!
    Yes I am quoting a post from another site assuming it's not entirely frowned upon, to which can be reviewed here. I've amended step 2 to point to emuparadise as the superior site & I may edit/amend the guide depending on mine & others experience or reclarify certain steps to be more user-friendly. Also getting some screenshots up would be pretty neat too.

A few notes I think worth mentioning:
    *This emulator does not utilize any touch pad/screen input/interface. Button controls can be set by the user on the device keypad however.
    *According to some users experiences, there are reported sound issues (or lack thereof) & no colour present in certain games such as Pokemon Red & Blue (though I wouldn't consider this a big issue).
    *A Game Boy Advance emulator is available only on Blackberry Playbook at this time.
    Last edited by J03; 11th-June-2012 at 07:31. Reason: added a "⁞" to signify changes from original posted
    When I want your opinion, I will diffuse it from you through osmosis!