Thread: Ape Escape Left analog problem

Thanks

Default Ape Escape Left analog problem

hello ive had ape escape on my epsxe 1.7.0 for a while and today i got my usb controller its a logitech f310 and i was playing ape escape for a while and it worked except sometimes when i went to the upper right spike would walk instead of run and i got off for a while and tested on some other games and it worked fine but when i got back on ape escape it was even worse, now my left analog stick, that is used to move, was replaced by the functions of my right stick and the right stick, that's used to select your item, does nothing i really need help with this. my controller settings are on config dualshock, everything is mapped correctly i double checked i calibrated it again and it still didn't work someone help because I LOVE THIS GAME. =(

Thanks

A small list of things to check

- Do you have any third party programs like joy2key or xpadder open?
    - Is that the only controller plugged in?
    - Have you checked the mapping in Control Panel > Hardware > Game Controllers?
    - Have you checked the second player controller mapping on ePSXe?

If all of that is ok, you might want to try downgrading ePSXe. I've had nothing but trouble with most recent versions and find myself using 1.5.2 more than anything.
    Last edited by Soylent Green; 11th-June-2012 at 05:42.

Thanks

i dont have third party programs open, yes this is the only controller, yes i checked the mapping and made sure the buttons worked and the analogs also, and i checked the 2nd player mapping. you were right about downgrading, 1.5.2 didnt work for me but 1.6.0 did i can run with my left stick the games running fine BUT now for some reason when i map my controller the x axis for the right analog is not working and i went and checked my game controller again to make sure it works and its fine but for some reason the x axis just isnt being picked up but the y axis still is.
    Last edited by Jonell Jones; 11th-June-2012 at 14:18.