Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project 64 Emulator: Serious Performance Complications

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright. After some more googling I've come up with another idea. I've re-enabled speedstep in my own bios and downloaded a program called RMClock to test it against my settings, and it appears it's able to adjust my CPU throttling to maximum performance regardless, hopefully it'll work for you too.

1. Download & install RMClock, found here; http://cpu.rightmark.org/download/rmclock_235_bin.exe

2. After installing and running the program, you'll get a window like this;

As you can see I have "Profiles" on the left pane selected; do the same on yours. Change "Current" and "Startup" under AC to Maximal Performance as shown.

3. Next hit the + next to Profiles, and click Maximal Performance as it appears under it. Refer to this next screenshot;

As you can see under AC Power is an option that says "Use P-state transitions"; check the box next to this. The area just below this will most likely differ on your computer, however the idea is to scroll down to the bottom and check the box next to the listing with the highest "FID" number; on mine it's 16.0x, on yours it could be different. Just choose the highest one.

Once this is done, click Apply. Now look to your notification area next to your clock; with any luck you'll see the icon indicating your CPU's clockspeed has changed to 2.2GHz (alternatively, run CPU-Z and check with that).

This seems to work fine on my system and override any other settings I have in place; does it work on yours?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When attempting to download this program, I get a notification telling me that I need a digitally-signed driver and won't let me continue using this program past the simple installation process.

Could this be an outdated download?

Thanks
    EP Points

It should be the latest version of the program. Since windows vista they've implemented a "feature" normally only allowing you to install apps that use drivers officially recognized by microsoft as "working properly". With some more googling I've found what should be a way around this;

1. Check the following link for instructions on opening an "Elevated Command Prompt"; http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nd-prompt.html

2. Try the following;

Run the following command from an elevated CMD prompt: bcdedit /set testsigning on

OR

Open an elevated command prompt

type “bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” without the quotes (and no the DD is not a typo)
    From what I'm reading either option 1 or 2 should let you proceed with the installation.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Just to clarifiy, so I don't end up screwing my machine over in the process, the error that I get when attempting to install this program reads:

"Cannot install or load RTCore64 driver. Make sure you're loading this application from not a read-only medium and/or a network drive, and that you're logged on with Administrator rights".

Is typing "bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" into the elevated command prompt supposed to give me the apparent "Administrator rights" that I need in order to move forward and bypass this popup?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by 8DXD8 View Post
    the error that I get when attempting to install this program reads:

"Cannot install or load RTCore64 driver. Make sure you're loading this application from not a read-only medium and/or a network drive, and that you're logged on with Administrator rights".

Is typing "bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" into the elevated command prompt supposed to give me the apparent "Administrator rights" that I need in order to move forward and bypass this popup?
    The bcdedit command is supposed to let you install unsigned drivers, and shouldn't cause any issues with anything you already have installed. Given the actual error you quoted there though I would try making sure you're running the installer as an administrator first.

To do that hold both CTRL and SHIFT while opening the installer; if prompted by UAC, click Yes to allow it to continue. Alternatively, right-click the installer and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.

If this doesn't work try one of the other two commands I posted.