Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you still buy Wii U if it costs $500?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Would you still buy Wii U if it costs $500?

even though Wii U is the first eight generation console & first one to display 1080p graphics and u can play games even without turning on ur TV and it sure is a great feature none has ever seen but the question is would you still buy it even if it costs around $500?

Thanks

Pass.

I'll pay no more than $250 for it after it comes out and wait around for it. I purposely don't set aside that much cash for video games so I keep within my budget. I'm content with my current stuff as it is and even if I did get it on launch at that price, what good is that going to do me if there's not that much good launch games?

Thanks
    EP Points

No?

So expensive.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've never purchased a console/had one purchased for me on it's release date; normally I don't end up owning one until shortly before the next generation after that has been announced/is released. For example, I didn't even own a PS2 until a couple months before the PS3 was released, when it was only $200 as opposed to those $500+ package deals they had when it first came out. The Wii U would have to have some pretty compelling launch titles to get me interested enough to buy one straight off, and a Majoras Mask remake isn't quite enough.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    even though Wii U is the first one to display 1080p graphics
    Both 360 and PS3 can display 1080p. Do you mean the first to natively run at 1080p? The PS3 has a few games that run natively at 1080p like Full Auto 2. http://wikibin.org/articles/list-of-...ps3-games.html <---source

I'd rather buy a new computer at $500 or buy upgrades that'll run faster than the Wii U right now. The launch games also doesn't interest me enough to buy it right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

500 bucks is way too much given the specs of the console. I can't say that what we watched at the E3 were too impressive :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, I still haven't bought a Wii yet and it's what, $100 now? So no.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I've never bought a console on release. I guess it's cool to have the latest gadgets when they're brand new, but you're paying more despite the fact that the console has fewer good games and is, if history is anything to go by, likely to be a less polished revision of the hardware than ones which will follow. There's also the risk that the console will go in a completely different direction to that which you expected, either becoming a flop or simply not being home to many of the sort of games that you like. Ultimately the cool factor of having stuff on release really doesn't seem worth it to me. So regardless of the price, I'll be waiting a while before jumping on the bandwagon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sadly, no.
    I've waited for all the consoles that came out to drop in price before even considering buying it. I like how they're trying to bring in more of a fan base, but 500$ is still better money spent on real life issues, not a console. I'd wait it out until it dropped to about 200$

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never. too much money, and i don't have that kind of money to spare.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I've never bought a console on release. I guess it's cool to have the latest gadgets when they're brand new, but you're paying more despite the fact that the console has fewer good games and is, if history is anything to go by, likely to be a less polished revision of the hardware than ones which will follow. There's also the risk that the console will go in a completely different direction to that which you expected, either becoming a flop or simply not being home to many of the sort of games that you like. Ultimately the cool factor of having stuff on release really doesn't seem worth it to me. So regardless of the price, I'll be waiting a while before jumping on the bandwagon.
    Welcome to Sprung's world.

Only console I got shortly after launch was the N64 when I was a kid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Until a spec sheet is released you're stabbing in the dark with price speculation.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wii is awesome left alone Wii U. Of course I will buy it (one day). Not gonna buy it with that price range. No way.
    $500 is like 1500 in my country. Quite cheap but not cheap enough for just a gaming console.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I still have to get my hands on the 3ds and vita. Then of course there is the fwct that within the week, I will be ordering a Saturn mod chip. Just saying that the Wii U is not at the top of my list.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

I wouldn't use one even if it were free, if I won one or something I'd sell it. Nintendo edged out a large market of gamers with the wii. Most people have a 360 on a ps3 at this stage, so I cant imagine it will do too well. Time will tell.