Thread: PS2 Fuse replacement help

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS2 Fuse replacement help

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I was on the threads. I seem to have figured out why the PS2 39001 doesnt have video, the blue LED, or the laser doesn't "home"

I checked the fuse at location PS11 and it seems to be blown. Here is more information about that fuse

I seem to have found a replacement on eBay too here is the possible replacement

I am gussing i just heat up the fuse and remove it, then resolder the replacement fuse. I have also checked the other fuses and they seem to be okay, they all light up with my continuity tester except the one at PS11.

Hopefully I can get the PS2 working again

Thanks in advance,
    HaloSlayer255
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2012 at 22:26.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seems to all look ok to me, though something I have never needed to do

Aslong as the fuse is the only issue and you have the correct one then yeah you just need to warm up that solder keeping the fuse in place and replace it with the new one

Not sure you are actually asking anything hear, but good luck anyway

P.S. I edited your post a lil just to fix the links (standard html does not work on our or most forums) but there are codes that do work just as good
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2012 at 22:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Zorlon,

I appreciate the feedback, this is the first fuze I have replaced too lol. Will update thread when part comes in.

HaloSlayer255

Thanks
    EP Points

Well the part came in and I installed it. When I turned on the power to the console I saw that the blue LED was back, heard a plinging sound and the symptoms returned. I tested the newly installed fuse and it is dead... its a good thing I have 9 more. Is there a certain orientation to how the fuse needs to be installed?

I found a picture of the motherboard in guestion a GH-022 version 7 39001 here is the link http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...-022_fuses.jpg

I am guessing that it needs to be a 63 fuse instead of a 50 fuse (darn). Also I was wondering could I replace the surface mount fuse with a ceramic fuse?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
    HaloSlayer255

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I decided to bypass the fuse with copper braid (desoldering wick) and now when I power on the console it goes from red to green for a split second and then turns immediately off. Did I kill the console?

Thanks in advance,
    HaloSlayer255