Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrono Cross PSP Blues

Thanks

It could be that it's yet another bad eboot (I found it as an eboot, not an ISO). If so, that would make three Chrono Cross eboots I found that were bad, which would be some astonishingly bad luck. But weirder things have happened

Thanks
    EP Points

Its a question of what game ID was used when converting the ISO originally (someone would have had to have done this at one point in order to make it an eboot), as this can affect pops compatibility with some games. I would recommend downloading the original PS1 ISO and converting it manually.

Download the Chrono Cross (Disc 1) disc image here;
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/6mgpvrf

Download IceTea, a program used to convert PS1 ISO's to PSP Eboots here;
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/icet...n.zip/download

1. Download & extract (if applicable) the disc image.
    2. Download & run IceTea
    3. On the program interface, under PSX Image, click the Select button and select the disc image (.bin, .iso, or .img file in this case)
    4. Under Compression, slide the bar over to Best Compression (has no effect on performance, just makes the resulting eboot smaller)
    5. Under Game ID select SCUS on the dropdown menu and put 94640 in the box next to that
    6. Put whatever you want under Game Title, just affects the name it shows on the XMB
    7. Under Output Directory choose a directory for the eboot to be saved to
    8. Stick the finished eboot on your memstick, do the popsloader deal and try picking 3.72

Let me know if this works any better for you.

*Note to moderators: the URL structure for the Chrono Cross link doesn't allow it to be posted correctly with the [url] tag, hence the tinyurl version of said link*
    Last edited by MaslowK; 7th-June-2012 at 22:06.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

I shall try it. But how does making an eboot of disk 1 handle the eventual swap over to disk 2?

Edit: And...it black screens after the Square logo under 3.72, like the first eboot I tried. Bah
    Last edited by DeathChicken; 8th-June-2012 at 02:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh right, it's been a while since I've played Chrono Cross, forgot it was one of those ones that doesn't let you save between discs ;/ so, we'll just use a different popstation tool.

First download and install .Net Framework V2.0 from Microsoft, you'll need it to run this particular eboot tool; http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=19

Next, download Impaler's PSX Eboot Creator here; http://pspslimhacks.com/wp-content/u...impalerpsx.rar

Also here's the link for Disc 2 of Chrono Cross; http://preview.tinyurl.com/7q7wmfy

Extract and run the program, you'll be given an interface with boxes labeled Disc 1 ISO, Disc 2 ISO etc. Click the "..." button next to each to set them to the disc images for the game.

Next, since this program doesn't let you specify the game ID manually, you'll need to type "syphon filter 3" next to Game Title and hit Search. Check the top result, this should set it to SCUS94640 (the one we're wanting to use).

Finally, click CREATE! at the bottom. It'll pop up with another window; wait for it to complete and it'll give you a dialog letting you know it's done, click Ok. The finished Eboot will be in the Results folder in the ImpalerPSX folder you extracted earlier.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Same thing. Playstation logo, Square logo, black screen until I quit the game

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, at this point I guess I can only really recommend either just trying different pops versions (through the pops menu when booting the PS1 game), or try reconverting the two ISOs with a different converter and then try that copy on either 3.72 or 3.80 pops.

Another converter I've come up with googling different guides is PSX2PSP; http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7ex2k...v1.4.2FULL.zip. While it looks fairly self-explanatory, here's a quick overview anyway;

When running PSX2PSP.exe make sure to select Classic mode on the main menu rather than Theme mode. In the top left corner it'll say ISO/PBP File 1; click the ... button to select your disc 1 iso. Then click the dropdown menu there and select ISO/PBP File 2, and do the same with your disc 2 iso. Choose a folder for the finished eboot under Output PBP folder. Stick a game title in Game title and Main game title, then select SCUS on the dropdown menus on Game ID and Main Game ID, and enter the obligatory 94640 next to each. Finally hit Convert.

Once it's finished try it out on your PSP, see if either 3.72 pops or 3.80 pops works (upon further research I'm seeing them both referenced as working when used with the special game code we've been using).

This is honestly the most trouble I've ever had anyone have playing converted PS1 games on the PSP; I'm definitely interested in seeing how this turns out.

Thanks

I've never had any problems running games before this one, so it's puzzled me as well. Halfway tempted to buy Chrono Cross off of PSN and see if that works, but I really don't want to spend 10 bucks on a game that isn't going to function