Thread: Fixed My Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP I'm proud :P (Nonthing Important)

Thanks

Default Fixed My Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP I'm proud :P (Nonthing Important)

I fixed my gba sp today with r and l problem.my first time i fixed something on it So happy
    Retro Rpgs My Favorite!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not....really worth a thread, but I can respect your skills. Thats about where I started, fixing a toy here and there and now I mod Gamboys for all sorts of people. Mostly chiptune artists though.
    What exactly was the problem? you say R&L, so I assume you meant the shoulder buttons. If you meant R&L on the D-pad, then that sir is commendable! I have seen traces on the PCB go bad and take an entire day of following with a magnifying glass to find the break.

SP's are pretty cool, but just so you know, you can use the lighting implement in the SP to frontlight a gameboy color! Its a much more tough mod, so beware!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mean't the shoulder buttons Cool .It would be cool to do that but i don't have a gameboy color unfortunately otherwise i might have tryed it .i fixed the laser on my ps2 once but it only worked for a while before the same problem
    Retro Rpgs My Favorite!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not too shabby

I Do a fair bit of PC mods and repairs as well as some console stuff, In fact my PSP will be the next thing to be getting looked at since I have worn it out

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    SP's are pretty cool, but just so you know, you can use the lighting implement in the SP to frontlight a gameboy color! Its a much more tough mod, so beware!
    Seriously? Thats pretty awesome, would definitely give my old GBC some new life & use (haven't used it in probably 8 years). Any idea if the frontlight part can be bought separately somewhere?

Fixing old/broken/worn out gaming hardware & accessories really is a useful skill though. I remember starting on genesis gamepads when I was little, whenever the buttons would get too sticky or worn feeling I would take them apart and soak the plastic and rubber parts in rubbing alcohol, wipe em down and they'd be good as new
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Lucky you. What I would give to fix my Nintendo DS...

How did you fix your SP anyway?

Thanks

I took it apart and removed the shoulder buttons and put them in water and removed all crap and dust.I removed the rubber on the R&L and removed stuff there .then i looked at the motherboard just for fun and putted it all togather again .oh and i dryed the shoulder buttons first
    Retro Rpgs My Favorite!