Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sony patent to interrupt game play to show advertisments

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I would hope they don't put in ads, but considering the fact that Corporate money rules the world, we will likely see this rolled out very soon.

And if they do, I expect that hacking/modding the ads off will likely get you blocked from PSN. This will force you to buy another console for online play, which is good business. Horrible policy, but it generates revenue, and that's what Corporations care about.

This shows your maturity? Responding in an overly emotional manner to me pointing out design flaws in your console of choice by calling me immature? That's classy. Nice double post, too.
    I pointed it out because serveral times i told you to stop going off topic. This wasn't going ot become a bash a console thread like you were aiming for. I'm sick of those threads and yet people still try to make them. I could unload every thing bad about ps3 but that not where i want this thread to be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spose' For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Good thing I don't play new games =/
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Everyone who pretends to bash those who get multiple RROD should at least understand how it happens beyond the petty BS of dust and look at their older consoles to recognize the truth. Dust should never cause a problem and the system was constructed poorly. My old PC is a great example. You wouldn't bat an eye if you saw spiders in there, yet it doesn't overheat. Is it because I am lucky? I doubt it since it is a Compaq desktop that has been working for over 10 years. The real problem was heat buildup, followed by safety sensors, then overall poor parts.

Onto the actual subject. Wah, Wah, in-game ads are bad. If only we weren't subjected to them and tolerated it for the last 8 years in games. Games like Rainbow Six Vegas paved the way for us to allow in-game ads and the entire point of an in-game ad is to connect happiness with the product they are advertising. By you being happy in the middle of it, you are more likely to want that product. Yes, people as a whole are that easy to program. It's happening already, so stop the waterworks. The only thing that matters is how intrusive the ads will be. Don't expect ads like Youtube where they assault your eyes before you can play, expect product placement like we've been used to. SONY may make poor decisions with most of their business practices, but they know their bread and butter and won't try to make gamers run away in droves. I would say the same thing if Microsoft did this (which they do already).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nemo View Post
    Everyone who pretends to bash those who get multiple RROD should at least understand how it happens beyond the petty BS of dust and look at their older consoles to recognize the truth. Dust should never cause a problem and the system was constructed poorly. My old PC is a great example. You wouldn't bat an eye if you saw spiders in there, yet it doesn't overheat. Is it because I am lucky? I doubt it since it is a Compaq desktop that has been working for over 10 years. The real problem was heat buildup, followed by safety sensors, then overall poor parts.
    My "old" computer (the one before my current computer) lasted for a good, solid 8 or so years. Actually, the computer didn't even die, I simply got sick of it being so old and not being able to play anything beyond even older PC games and emulators. I never cleaned the thing out yet I had it running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; the only time it stopped was when the power went out. The thing was a damn tank and it was an off the shelf model, not some custom thing.

So really, blaming it on not cleaning out dust is nonsense at best; they really do just build them as cheaply as they can. Substandard construction makes for shoddy console life, and the reason why we have hardware revisions.

Thanks

If anything, it's probably an option that they're considering for a free-to-play game or MMO. Yes, ads have crept into other sorts of games, but I doubt that even Sony has the cojones to interrupt the play sessions of legions of feral console jockeys or PC geeks. Of course, one can never be too sure...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

These are the people who installed root kits on computers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aeolus Aeneas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    My "old" computer (the one before my current computer) lasted for a good, solid 8 or so years. Actually, the computer didn't even die, I simply got sick of it being so old and not being able to play anything beyond even older PC games and emulators. I never cleaned the thing out yet I had it running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; the only time it stopped was when the power went out. The thing was a damn tank and it was an off the shelf model, not some custom thing.

So really, blaming it on not cleaning out dust is nonsense at best; they really do just build them as cheaply as they can. Substandard construction makes for shoddy console life, and the reason why we have hardware revisions.
    They want you to keep buying more consoles so they can keep losing money on each console sold.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp-Luc Picard View Post
    They want you to keep buying more consoles so they can keep losing money on each console sold.
    That one always amused me. If they were crying that money was lost on each console, wouldn't you spend the extra $2-5 per unit so you wouldn't spend $40-$100 repairing it? Either the money lost on consoles is a lie, or the designers for the console should be fired every time.

Thanks
    EP Points

That one always amused me. If they were crying that money was lost on each console, wouldn't you spend the extra $2-5 per unit so you wouldn't spend $40-$100 repairing it? Either the money lost on consoles is a lie, or the designers for the console should be fired every time.
    Or they made a mistake and since they made a ton of money off of Windows os and phones that its hardly anything. And they fixed it with the slim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Or they made a mistake and since they made a ton of money off of Windows os and phones that its hardly anything. And they fixed it with the slim.
    You are trying so hard Spose, so hard.

Thanks
    EP Points

You are trying so hard Spose, so hard.
    But you know nothing of me. Microsoft reported it themselves they were losing money on the 360's. Confirmed facts are confirmed. When you make bills off something else a little loss isn't viewed as bad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hollywood economics at their finest.

Thanks

But you know nothing of me.
    And you don't know me as well. What of it? Some serious off-thread discussions are going on here guys. We are supposed to be talking about the SONY in game ads. So far everyone is opposed of it but no one is talking baout how they think SONY will implement it. I said my piece on it. What say you?

Thanks
    EP Points

And you don't know me as well. What of it? Some serious off-thread discussions are going on here guys. We are supposed to be talking about the SONY in game ads. So far everyone is opposed of it but no one is talking baout how they think SONY will implement it. I said my piece on it. What say you?
    You can't mention it went off topic when i stopped it from that and you came and made a post about the offtopic ness.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can't mention it went off topic when i stopped it from that and you came and made a post about the offtopic ness.
    Spose'
    No Bickering with levels under you.
    It scars your rep

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."