Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sony patent to interrupt game play to show advertisments

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Somewhat off-topic, but it's drifted already.

I talked to a guy who was on his 2nd PS3 in 3 years, and 20+ 360's.

The fact that you know what RROD means is all the evidence you need that a poorly-built, copyright-infringing console is unreliable. Most folks send theirs in before warranty expires because they understand that the console is junk. Junk with nice graphics, but still junk.
    It starting to sound like your taking me as a fan boy which i'm not. Not to mention if hes had that many consoles you should relize there is something wrong with him. Any normal person i know has had it happen 0 times or maybe once. and typically they just let dust pile up inside and did not leave any fan room.

But we are now getting even more off topic now. This is just going to become a console war if we don't stop now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    What do you mean by + ads. Xbox has none. The only real ad's we have is one advertising a new release on the dashboard. Which no one minds.
    Don't you have adds on your dashboard, some of them not even gaming related? Cos I'm a Gold member and I'm forced to watch them

This is unrelated to the topic but it's just too fun to not commenting on it, the 360 being unreliable has nothing to do with how people treat their consoles, not even a M$ representative would have dared to say something like that

Sorry, let's try to be on topic. Ads = bad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Somewhat off-topic, but it's drifted already.

I talked to a guy who was on his 2nd PS3 in 3 years, and 20+ 360's.

The fact that you know what RROD means is all the evidence you need that a poorly-built, copyright-infringing console is unreliable. Most folks send theirs in before warranty expires because they understand that the console is junk. Junk with nice graphics, but still junk.
    This is extreme. I mentioned it recently but I'm on my first 360 and first 2 PS3s (yes I need two) and the 360 I purchased already RROD and fixed it and I've never had a single problem with any of them. People just don't take care of their shit I agree with Spose here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

hmm, 2 of a console that might soon get ads vs 20+ of the 3rd option console... Sounds like the PS3 must be self-cleaning... Still, PC is where it's at. There's already an app to block ads, and you can bet if you try to mod the ads off PS3(if they actually put them in) you will likely face some sort of ban or brick-console-command from PSN.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I honestly don't think it will get imposed.

But yeah, PC is the best, I won't argue that. Mouse + Keyboard + upgrade on your own.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

+ i can attach a controller to it if I want that "old-school" controller feel, or any other peripheral they made for consoles that was inspired by PC like steering wheels, joysticks, etc...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Don't you have adds on your dashboard, some of them not even gaming related? Cos I'm a Gold member and I'm forced to watch them

This is unrelated to the topic but it's just too fun to not commenting on it, the 360 being unreliable has nothing to do with how people treat their consoles, not even a M$ representative would have dared to say something like that

Sorry, let's try to be on topic. Ads = bad.
    On the froced to watch you arn't forced you could easily over look what a 2 inch square unless its lik a 80 inch tv i'm only on a 42 inch so.

And no, its not. Almost everyone i know whom has gotten rrod has put it a on a bad surface, never cleaned the dust out of it. I seriously had one opened up and there was dust everywhere in there (This can escalate when its on a bad surface or locaton) and just treated it like shit. Putting shit on top of it ect.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On the froced to watch you arn't forced you could easily over look what a 2 inch square unless its lik a 80 inch tv i'm only on a 42 inch so.

And no, its not. Almost everyone i know whom has gotten rrod has put it a on a bad surface, never cleaned the dust out of it. I seriously had one opened up and there was dust everywhere in there (This can escalate when its on a bad surface or locaton) and just treated it like shit. Putting shit on top of it ect.
    ppl always wanna blame the manufacturer not themselves. it will always be that way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bill Gates' wang(Microsoft) should ask PS3 how they got the self-cleaning thing to work. Sounds like if their PS3 needs to be replaced once while they go through 20 XBOXs, the only explanation is that they live in a sand dune and PS3 cleans itself.

Heck, at that rate, I would suffer the adds just so I don't have to get a replacement console every 2 weeks.

I know there is an extremely small amount of dust in my house, and the inferior console has poor air-flow, so that dust will build up to kill my console in about 5 minutes.

S'pose when your name is Spose', you don't need to be cogent or sensible.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 30th-May-2012 at 02:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bill Gates' wang(Microsoft) should ask PS3 how they got the self-cleaning thing to work. Sounds like if their PS3 needs to be replaced once while they go through 20 XBOXs, the only explanation is that they live in a sand dune and PS3 cleans itself.

Heck, at that rate, I would suffer the adds just so I don't have to get a replacement console every 2 weeks.

I know there is an extremely small amount of dust in my house, and the inferior console has poor air-flow, so that dust will build up to kill my console in about 5 minutes.

'Spose when your name is 'Spose, you don't need to be cogent or sensible.
    Cleary you don't unedstand that the ps has no openings like the xbox has.

And sounds like whomever you talked to was bullshitting you.

if he goes out and buys 20+ xboxes wthin 3 years sounds a bit fishy. You would give up after 5.

Not to mention people whom take care of there system seem to have no problem with it hmmm. Really does sound fisht to me.

And i don't even see what my name has to do with any of this. Considering me and many of my friends have had 360's for years and taken amazing care of them and had absolutely no problems with them i don't see a problem here. Go play ps3 and stop trying to make this into a console war considering no one has bashed your console.

Thanks
    EP Points

Will it be hackable so that we can avoid the dang ads?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

hmm, so poor design that allows dust to build up on the parts...

In case you missed it, I don't console game. I PC game. My PC has openings and seriously lasts at least 6 years with no maintenance at all. This while I smoke two different leafy products around it. Your XBOX, that has ads and extra bills for online play, needs to have it's diaper changed 9 times a day to last more than 6 months... And besides, you don't have to buy 20+ 360s, just get it replaced every couple months as long as it's on warranty or store return plan.

Yeah, it would be worth watching ads to play a console that lasts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    Will it be hackable so that we can avoid the dang ads?
    No one knows. No one knows if they will even bring it in. They just copyrighted the idea.

hmm, so poor design that allows dust to build up on the parts...

In case you missed it, I don't console game. I PC game. My PC has openings and seriously lasts at least 6 years with no maintenance at all. This while I smoke two different leafy products around it. Your XBOX, that has ads and extra bills for online play, needs to have it's diaper changed 9 times a day to last more than 6 months... And besides, you don't have to buy 20+ 360s, just get it replaced every couple months as long as it's on warranty or store return plan.

Yeah, it would be worth watching ads to play a console that lasts.
    Clearly you've never played a xbox before bro, and i don't see why you continue to bash something off subject.
    you only need to remove the dust every what 2 months and you'll be fine. Don't put it on bad placements where it can overheat and don't do stupid shit with it either.

And pc's have stronger outfans that blow harder. Not ot mention i would assume you don't put it in horrible placements. I'm tired of the same argument considering anytime someone talks about any console the other people come in and try to bash it and say ones superior. Clearly you are on the same level as the 11 years old on /v/
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 30th-May-2012 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would hope they don't put in ads, but considering the fact that Corporate money rules the world, we will likely see this rolled out very soon.

And if they do, I expect that hacking/modding the ads off will likely get you blocked from PSN. This will force you to buy another console for online play, which is good business. Horrible policy, but it generates revenue, and that's what Corporations care about.

Clearly you are on the same level as the 11 years old on /v/
    This shows your maturity? Responding in an overly emotional manner to me pointing out design flaws in your console of choice by calling me immature? That's classy. Nice double post, too.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 30th-May-2012 at 02:47.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ads are everywhere
    I'd expect no less from them, only because they can slap the Piracy and game stealing thing isn't paying their bills off stuff.
    Go ahead, I'll just it anyway if it's not worth the money.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."