Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Judge Wants a Sales ban on Xbox 360s.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Judge Wants a Sales ban on Xbox 360s.

Didn't see this on the forums, thought I'd post it here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...ended-by-judge

Pretty much, they want to ban 360's 'cause of something about a patent? Idk, it's dumb. I'm pretty sure if they were to ban this, they'd try and ban the PS3 and Wii as well. Not to mention the Vita, PSP, and 3DS. What's next? Ban on computers? Why don't they push us back to the stone age...?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What in the flying
    Why would some idiot decide to try to stop Microsoft selling one of their leading products for something they haven't proved yet?
    The American dream is becoming more and more like a nightmare
    Eff the judge who passes that!

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

The reason for the stop of sales on 360's is 100% legal in this case. As they are in violation of patents that are used in every 360. If the case wins Motorola has the right to stop the sales, but ultimately it's up to them.

Sure you may not like it, but it is in favor with U.S patent laws. And this will only effect the U.S, the rest of the world it would be up to there laws and if they want to abide by them.

I say motorolla because they could drop the suit if they want to.

Thanks

Ah I remember this. It started in Germany because of Motorola (I think that's the right company) due to a certain codec that they both have.

Thanks
    EP Points

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are always getting sued (link) but they keep coming out smelling like roses

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Air Buster View Post
    Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are always getting sued (link) but they keep coming out smelling like roses
    This time it might be different. This time it's been accepted in Germany already because of the patent violation. It would annoy me but i would understand it.

Thanks
    EP Points

lulz. About all you can say in a case like this. Next pepsi will be suing nintendo for using blue lights in their wii's under the argument "well WE used blue on our products first!"
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    lulz. About all you can say in a case like this. Next pepsi will be suing nintendo for using blue lights in their wii's under the argument "well WE used blue on our products first!"
    That not even the same thing. This is a codec that was property of Motorolla that was used by Microsoft in their product. I see nothing wrong about this lawsuit. And i'm a Xbox360 player and proud owner.

Thanks
    EP Points

And it somehow took motorola ~7 years to figure out/decide to make a case of their codec being used without their permission; sounds a bit frivolous to me.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

And it somehow took motorola ~7 years to figure out/decide to make a case of their codec being used without their permission; sounds a bit frivolous to me.
    it doesn't matter how long it took, he still has the codec and is intellectual property, it could take years before you get charged with a piracy case btu you still will get charged with every torrent/download. Length doesn't matter, the fact is they have a legitimate case and they won, its up to the patent agency's and the president now if the patent agency says its valid.

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess a better question would be, would motorola have won as much in damages had they said something about their patent as soon as the 360 was released rather than waiting until microsoft had sold several million xbox's? Something isn't right here, legal or not.

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess a better question would be, would motorola have won as much in damages had they said something about their patent as soon as the 360 was released rather than waiting until microsoft had sold several million xbox's? Something isn't right here, legal or not.
    Yes, because the fines would be the same. And they only sued because Microsoft sued them first. So what if they waited a few years to do it or not? Its there right to sue if they want. Sorry it hurts your feeling because of the timing. Not like X-box won't be releasing a new version next year anyways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Air Buster View Post
    Half of those cases are crap anyway. Here's a snippet about the Nintendo 3DS-
    Tomita Technologies has filed a patent suit against Nintendo, alleging that the 3DS's stereoscopic display infringes upon Tomita's patent for "technology relating to displaying stereoscopic images on-screen for viewing with the naked eye, i.e., without utilizing glasses or other devices.," filed in 2003 and granted in 2008.

That'd be like Ford(first big auto maker) suing GM for creating vehicles that moved by placing four large donut shaped pieces of rubber on the axles.

Thanks

So is Spose' the new Dr.Mario? Let the people who don't know any better, continue to not know anything about it. There are such things as statute of limitations, but this hasn't reach that limit. Altogether, it doesn't matter since they'll patch the codec with the slightest of tweaks, maybe add some nonsense that won't be used to make it different enough. This will just be a simple fix, followed by out of court settlement like always.

Why they are trying to ban the sale is still erroneous since it's a software issue that doesn't affect the system at all. At best, they are used for the WiFi that is easy to fix via a D/L update and streaming videos that should be updated, regardless. It has to be done since it is the right thing to do, but even mentioning the potential ban is just to get gamers' rears in a knot. Seriously guys, move along and don't bother doing vitriolic rants.

Thanks
    EP Points

shaw IS right, Nintendo and Sony would pick up the slack and microsoft would have to wait till next gen

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean