Thread: Will games from emuparadise's main site work flawlessly on a modded PS1?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Will games from emuparadise's main site work flawlessly on a modded PS1?

I bought a modded PS1 Grey unit from AtariAge with a "stealth chip" in it. I want to know while I'm downloading games on UseNet, some of them are coming up corrupt over and over and I need to grab a couple of ISOs from here to complete it(i.e. Final Fantasy VIII disc 3).

My questions are this:

1. Will they work flawlessly on a chipped PS1(according to the description when I bought it, the system will act as a Net Yaroze and will boot up anything you can throw at it)?

2. Are the rips here on the main site the Redump.org ones? That's what I'm trying to get.

3. If not, where else can I get the redump.org rips? Forget Underground Gamer. They'll kick you before you even START!

I'm sorry if this is intrusive, but with snesorama gone, I don't know where else to go for 1:1 good rips.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by machomadness View Post
    1. Will they work flawlessly on a chipped PS1(according to the description when I bought it, the system will act as a Net Yaroze and will boot up anything you can throw at it)?
    Depends. All things being equal (e.g. good dump, good media, slow write speeds etc) they should.

2. Are the rips here on the main site the Redump.org ones? That's what I'm trying to get.
    Some are. Some aren't. All PS2 games from the main site are redump but PS1 are hit and miss.

3. If not, where else can I get the redump.org rips? Forget Underground Gamer. They'll kick you before you even START!
    Not if you abide by the rules and maintain a decent ratio. Or are you the type who closes torrents as soon as they're finished downloading? ;p

I'm sorry if this is intrusive, but with snesorama gone, I don't know where else to go for 1:1 good rips.
    There's no one-stop shop. There are a couple of good private trackers and other sites. Check your PM.