Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hint* Im Buying Video Card..I wanna play PCSX2 on CPU..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Honestly dude, That PC will NEVER run PCSX2 Well if at all.

You need to just get a WHOLE NEW PC. Maybe a Dell or HP will do.
    If you are starting from scratch...

1. You could easily spend 300-400 US dollars, or more, on getting a PC that will end up only emulating SOME of the PS2 game library.

2. Or you could spend around ~150 dollars on an actual PS2 system, some peripherals, a PS2 network adapter, an IDE hard-drive, and a FreeMCBoot exploited memory card to load ISOs off the hard-drive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Virii View Post
    If you are starting from scratch...

1. You could easily spend 300-400 US dollars, or more, on getting a PC that will end up only emulating SOME of the PS2 game library.

2. Or you could spend around ~150 dollars on an actual PS2 system, some peripherals, a PS2 network adapter, an IDE hard-drive, and a FreeMCBoot exploited memory card to load ISOs off the hard-drive.
    I agree'd with that above, but he still keeps on about the PC too so just making sure its clear

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

I haven't had any problems running pcsx2 on my comp yet. Most midlevel machines can run it, just do your research and you really shouldn't have any problems. It is limited to what games are compatible with the emulator, but they are improving the list as time goes on. Regardless though, that processor is going to have a rough time emulating it even if you did have a good gpu to use. I'd recommend at least an i5 or phenom II cpu, coupled with at least a 6850 or gtx 560 gpu. You should be good to go as far as processing goes.

Anyone can buy a system to play the games, but some people don't want to do that. It's nice having all your games in one spot, and not messing with discs and such. I find it more convenient to have it on here, discs never break, they are all backed up files, and with a few peripherals it rocks the house! OP might not want to buy the system, and go the computer route for one reason or another.

Thanks

A lot of people have already commented on it, but I'll add on to it.

Your PC simply is far too old. A video card upgrade will not help if other components cannot keep up, in this case your CPU. You can go budget like getting Phenom II X4 or Core i3 with HD7770.

Assuming all you need is PS2 gameplay, and you are fine with your PC for other tasks, then all you will need is a PS2 console. An used PS2 console is far cheaper than a complete PC upgrade.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I'd recommend at least an i5 or phenom II cpu, coupled with at least a 6850 or gtx 560 gpu. You should be good to go as far as processing goes.
    I Dunno about that, my Core 2 Quad system with a HD4870 runs PCSX2 very well