Thread: Emulator on Playstation1

Thanks

Arrow Emulator on Playstation1

Hi Ep's, I just recently stumbled upon the amazing world of emulators and the possibility of playing my old games again!
    But when I found this file for Crash Team Racing, I started wondering.. would it be possible to be able to burn a disc that would be playable on the playstation 1?? I would love to play this game with my friends again, epic reminiscence

Thanks
    EP Points

You can indeed burn the PS1 copies here to disc for use on an actual console, but you need to either use the swap trick, a modded console or a boot disc. Burned discs won't boot on a standard factory PS1.

Thanks

wow, that sounds awsome, But I must confess that I'm fresh from the womb.. I woulden't know where to begin really.. I have my old ps1.. and this file on the internet.. Where do I start? could you perhaps refer me to some, "copying old games to ps1 for dummies guide" or something Also all those words at the end of the files..FMV, [U], ISO, (EDC), (no EDC), [NTSC-U] .sry I'm a noob This is where I found the file, http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/searc...ng&section=all
    Last edited by redinhead; 9th-May-2012 at 10:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

NTSC-U, PAL, etc. are game regions (it's not important which one you have if you are using emulator or modded console). ISO, MDS, NRG - those are image file formats; FMV - full motion video, it's not a game. 001, 002, etc. are 7zip archive files, get them all and then extract first one. If you want burn images on CD you need software like Alcohol 120% or ISO Burner. Start Alcohol, choose Image Burning Wizard, select your image and burn it. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Yes you can, use img burn to burn it too your disc, but at the moment for me Crash Team Racing ISO's arent getting past the "Sony Entertainment America Presents" Screen for me and i love that game so bad!!!! i unno why, anyways this is the video you should watch on how to swap trick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguZREKtUks