Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitches you found out?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Glitches you found out?

Nowadays everyone knows about glitches in games and there are a lot of guides on the internet teching how to trigger them and . But has anyone found a glitch unintentionally all by him/herself (without guides or people telling how to do them)? As for me, I can only remember of two, and they are most likely the major ones, or even the only I found out as a kid:
    * SNES - James Bond Jr.'s Lost World: I still can't remember how I managed to trigger this one. But I DO remember the effects... Jr. kept falling... falling... falling... doing some strange movements... falling... falling... until landing on some kind of ground with a lot of characters from the game. One of them were even throwing bombs (the one you can throw in the game). I thought this was some kind of easter egg back then...
    * PS1 - Diablo's Item Duplication: everyone that played this game knows this glitch, but at the time, I didn't know anything about it. The first time it happened I was like "WTH just happened?". I kept trying to replicate it until learning how to do it... my best discovery so far! It's so good when we find out these things without a guide... Too bad because of this glitch (I guess), my lv.30 warrior got corrupted... twice!

I still find glitches nowadays (rarely), but they're just minor ones that annoy the player, the most recent being in Ocarina of Time 3DS - trying to get up on a block you can push/pull while floating with the hover boots causes the game act like Link fell in a pit, taking some life away and sending him back to the beginning of the room. It's not a big deal, but it's still weird... and annoying! It killed me once!

So what glitches have you found out all by yourself? And what was your reaction?

Thanks
    EP Points

Super Mario Bros. - Minus World. I kept swimming and swimming wondering when the heck is the level going to end. I read about the glitch later in some magazine (Nintendo Power?) and was like "oh, cool"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The first glitch that I ever found out on my own was in a PS1 game. I think it was called Army Men: Sarges War? Your play with plastic toy soldiers (army men) and you have to capture the other teams flag. It was just me and my older brother playing and he was kicking my like 6 year old ass so I was just running around and climbed up some random mountain behind my base. I wondered around back there for a couple minutes and stumbled upon this stash of awesome weapons (rocket, flamethrower, sniper etc) and a copy of both teams flags! My brother had no idea how I was catching him in flag captures for the next ten minutes or so. Lol

Oh i forgot. The best glitches I ever found out was on Halo 2. You know the ole rocket/sword flying one and the warthog/sword flying one? Me and my bro actually found those legitly in the same match. Idk why but me, my brother and a friend liked playing rockets/swords on coagulation (blood gulch) But me and my friend were going around in a warthog and I was in the passenger because we said no turrets and since i ran out of ammo i switched to my sword and when we went flying by my brother I slashed. Nothing happened of course but after a little more I got out of the warthog since it was a waste of time and just flew across the map and killed by brother. He flipped out. The rocket/sword flying happened when I was caught reloading and switched to my sword but forgot about my need to reload later and when I switched back I button mashed Y R R (or whatever it was) and flew at him again. He insisted I was cheating somehow until later that day he looked it up on the internet and saw that it was actually a glitch.

Woo yeah third post to this. But this just happened to me. Mini Golf game on the arcade, hole 6, my ball just got stuck in the wall near one the bumper/slant thing in the bottom right corner.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 8th-May-2012 at 20:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Woo yeah third post to this. But this just happened to me. Mini Golf game on the arcade, hole 6, my ball just got stuck in the wall near one the bumper/slant thing in the bottom right corner.
    yeah about the third post on this I ignored the first two as you are new but maybe you should read this

especially this part.

7) No double posting - There is an edit button below your posts for a reason, people. It isn't hard to find, nor hard to use. So no multi-posting outside of The Hangout.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    yeah about the third post on this I ignored the first two as you are new but maybe you should read this

especially this part.
    Yep I am a noob.

I have now officially read those rules all the way through.
    Last edited by Sheras; 8th-May-2012 at 20:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

I found an unlimited cap glitch in Fallout Vegas. I don't recall hearing about it anywhere so who knows maybe I was the first?

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh boy time to fish out my big list xd.

Donkey kong 64 Gun underwater, go through wall in arena 2 (multi mode), respawn on number pad (also on multi), orange bomb gun nook explosion (constantly press B and u will c), Camera underwater, Invisible Kong, Screen freak out while u fall, Hold invisible boulder with chunky, secret room (everyone knows this), go into banana fairy island as anyone, wow i didnt realize so many in just this game xd.

I will make another post later on a different game xd.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

nothing good, just game breaking glitches like in DBZ Sagas during the freiza fight, if you get him stuck in th lower left corner and go attack him the game crashes and makes that horrid buzz noise

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

I found a glitch in Harvest Moon for the 64. I was able to bet on the dog and horse race for free. If you press B instead of A to confirm your purchase, somehow the game doesn't charge you.

Thanks

I remember this one with a friend and me at MvC2. If you chip K.O. MegaMan with Leaf Shield active, his lifebar will disappear and he'll die from any one hit but all his buster shots will be infinitely charged I think. This only seemed to work on arcades since it didn't work for me on the XBOX version.

Thanks
    EP Points

Only thing that comes to mind of late:

This became ever so slightly annoying. I eventually ended up using the pause button between each request to complete the rounds within the allotted time. Probably a cheat or design oversight more than anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Angry Glitches that piss you off

Inspired by the glitches you found out thread.

What glitches that someone else has done online really pissed you off?

For me it was always on Call of Duty: World at War (i no longer play CoD games) when people would do the glitch where you would fall through the map and be beneath the ground and could shoot up at you but you could not back at them. This could be done on Seelow i know for sure and a couple other maps that I don't recall the name of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If we already have a thread on the same subject, why not using it?

Threads merged.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    If we already have a thread on the same subject, why not using it?

Threads merged.
    ok cookie.

Thanks

The first glitch I found was in Super Mario Bros where you could walk up walls. You could also get extra lives from a turtle on stage 3-1 I believe. The Nes had so many glitches it was not funny.