Thread: Having problems downloading anything

Thanks

Question Having problems downloading anything

I am using Chrome and am trying to download a couple of GC games. When I click the download link, the browser loads for a couple of seconds before giving me the following error:

This webpage is not available
    The connection to 146.0.74.194 was interrupted.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Settings > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
    Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
    What's going on? It gives me this every time I attempt a download. I managed to grab two games from the site yesterday.

EDIT: Now it's giving me another error message.
    Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 146.0.74.194
    Suggestions:
    Try reloading: 146.*0.*74.*194/*cGCN/*Sonic_Gems_Colle*ction_USA_NGC-*STARCUBE.*rar
    Search on Google: (insert search box here)
    Last edited by hikariryunachi; 4th-May-2012 at 19:29.

Muscab is offline ★★★★★★★☆
    Thanks
    EP Points

I think someone should make a sticky thread on how to fix this problem since many peoples making a thread complaining the same problem...

Hi, you can try Flashget and see whether this can fix your problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    I think someone should make a sticky thread on how to fix this problem since many peoples making a thread complaining the same problem...

Hi, you can try Flashget and see whether this can fix your problem.
    FlashGet doesn't seem to work for me when it comes to the isos... Will not download

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by hikariryunachi View Post
    FlashGet doesn't seem to work for me when it comes to the isos... Will not download
    Those isos should be working now. One of our servers had some temporary problems yesterday.

Thanks

I've tried downloading super smash bros melee a ton of times and its not downloading right, but then again I've tried downloading several gamecube games and none of them have downloaded right, they all download as a RAR file and won't play on the emulator. I'm confused though, I download the game from the games section but is there anything extra I have to do for game cube games? I've never had this problem before

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Steele View Post
    I've tried downloading super smash bros melee a ton of times and its not downloading right, but then again I've tried downloading several gamecube games and none of them have downloaded right, they all download as a RAR file and won't play on the emulator. I'm confused though, I download the game from the games section but is there anything extra I have to do for game cube games? I've never had this problem before
    You need to unRAR the files using WinRAR or another program (like UnRARX for Mac OS).

Thanks

thanks