Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2, Massively Underrated?

Thanks

Halo 2 was never really underrated, as many other people already said, almost everyone I knew said it was a great game, and I agree. I rate it equal to Halo 3 in my opinion (which is a 9.5/10). I know you said not to get into ODST, but it is a good game. Even being on the Halo 3 engine (from what I was told) the game looks almost as good as Reach due to the amazing lighting. Reach is the best game in the series in my opinion, regardless of people complaining about armor abilities, and the first game I beat solo on Heroic due to there being no flood. Sorry about not contributing much to the Halo 2 being underrated discussion, but I wanted to voice my opinion about ODST and Reach and didn't want to start a new thread just for it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Um..."under-rated" is the last word that comes to mind when I think of Halo. Sorry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SydSelf View Post
    Agreed. With the lack of Bungie's involvement in 4, I'm going to wait for Tyger.
    No involvement at all :\?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

They sold the rights to microsoft immediately after Reach was released.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Halo 2 was awesome. It was my first game that I played on Xbox Live and the only reason that I first got an xbox live account. While this game was out I only played on other game ever online for the xbox was battlefield 2: modern combat and I probably played halo 2 at least 5 times more than it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SydSelf View Post
    They sold the rights to microsoft immediately after Reach was released.
    Kinda lame. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes, I'm more concerned with the flop to a former CoD writer.

Thanks

Well, as I said, I've sorta given up on the future halo, as I said, and am moving to Tyger whenever it comes out. I think my question has been successfully answered. Thanks all, I'm off to start another comparison thread.

Thanks

As far as single player is concerned Halo 1 is king. Halo 2 was made well, but the single player didn't seem to have the same epic appeal. It just felt like going through the motions. Halo 3 was a little better than halo 2 single player wise, and then Halo Reach was a little better than Halo 3. The real appeal of Halo 1 was the that you had no idea what was going to happen, but in the other games it was all pretty obvious what was up. ODST was okay, but I would say it was the least fun game overall.

I have played a lot of multiplayer in each of these games, and by a lot I mean a shitload. Halo 1 was great and my memories of it are the most awesome out of all the games, but this is because of the personal connection created by LAN parties. I would have to say Halo 2 has the best multiplayer by far though. It is the easiest of all of them to just pick up in play, but with experience and the use of glitches (the double shot, BxR, etc) it actually got pretty deep. Halo 3 was a good mix of Halo 1 and 2, and better than Halo 1 but not 2. Then Halo Reach came along, and really fucked a lot of stuff up. It is a good game, and I do really enjoy it, but a lot of the multiplayer mechanics don't make sense. The armor abilities really changed the way the game played, but things like spawning with the ability to turn invisible fucked with the balance of the game. The biggest mistake they made was including bloom, it's really annoying to have a one on one battle lost due to bloom and not skill. It made players find other ways to assert control during the game, but they really shouldn't have to worry about losing battles to someone because the other person got luckier.

I probably should have put some better spacing in this.
    Halo 1 - 3rd best mulitplayer, but LAN parties were awesome
    Halo 2 - best multiplayer - easy to pick up and play, but glitches added more depth to the game
    Halo 3 - 2nd best multiplayer, good mix of halo 1 and 2
    Halo Reach - worst multiplayer, but still a pretty good game.

I wish I could still Halo 2 on XBL so bad. If by some miracle there would be a way to get 4v4 or 2v2's going on Halo 2 PC I would shit my pants. I play that very occasionally, but it sucks to just join in random games with 16 people only playing snipers on crappy levels.
    Last edited by Strongbad; 7th-May-2012 at 21:11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post
    As far as single player is concerned Halo 1 is king. Halo 2 was made well, but the single player didn't seem to have the same epic appeal. It just felt like going through the motions. Halo 3 was a little better than halo 2 single player wise, and then Halo Reach was a little better than Halo 3. The real appeal of Halo 1 was the that you had no idea what was going to happen, but in the other games it was all pretty obvious what was up. ODST was okay, but I would say it was the least fun game overall.

I have played a lot of multiplayer in each of these games, and by a lot I mean a shitload. Halo 1 was great and my memories of it are the most awesome out of all the games, but this is because of the personal connection created by LAN parties. I would have to say Halo 2 has the best multiplayer by far though. It is the easiest of all of them to just pick up in play, but with experience and the use of glitches (the double shot, BxR, etc) it actually got pretty deep. Halo 3 was a good mix of Halo 1 and 2, and better than Halo 1 but not 2. Then Halo Reach came along, and really fucked a lot of stuff up. It is a good game, and I do really enjoy it, but a lot of the multiplayer mechanics don't make sense. The armor abilities really changed the way the game played, but things like spawning with the ability to turn invisible fucked with the balance of the game. The biggest mistake they made was including bloom, it's really annoying to have a one on one battle lost due to bloom and not skill. It made players find other ways to assert control during the game, but they really shouldn't have to worry about losing battles to someone because the other person got luckier.

I probably should have put some better spacing in this.
    Halo 1 - 3rd best mulitplayer, but LAN parties were awesome
    Halo 2 - best multiplayer - easy to pick up and play, but glitches added more depth to the game
    Halo 3 - 2nd best multiplayer, good mix of halo 1 and 2
    Halo Reach - worst multiplayer, but still a pretty good game.

I wish I could still Halo 2 on XBL so bad. If by some miracle there would be a way to get 4v4 or 2v2's going on Halo 2 PC I would shit my pants. I play that very occasionally, but it sucks to just join in random games with 16 people only playing snipers on crappy levels.
    Does Halo 2 have LAN play? I've got it for PC but, I've only played the games for the single player modes and never bothered checking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Rikenax View Post
    Does Halo 2 have LAN play? I've got it for PC but, I've only played the games for the single player modes and never bothered checking.
    Yeah
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was thinking about making a new thread for this but remembered this thread so I decided to put it in here.

On halo 2 there were lots of glitches and many took a long time to get patched. Couple examples, rocket/sword flying, warthog/sword flying, and the numerous amount of superbounces on maps. I pose this question. On halo 2, while playing online or against your friends did you ever use these glitches or if you were an online game did you get pissed off when people used glitches?

Personally, I was a superbounce fanatic. I knew the bounces on pretty much every map and could do almost all of them on my first couple tries. I always laughed when people were screaming at me through the microphone since I was owning them from the superbounce spot but when people on the other team did a superbounce I always made it a priority to kill them (and I almost always got them).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I was thinking about making a new thread for this but remembered this thread so I decided to put it in here.

On halo 2 there were lots of glitches and many took a long time to get patched. Couple examples, rocket/sword flying, warthog/sword flying, and the numerous amount of superbounces on maps. I pose this question. On halo 2, while playing online or against your friends did you ever use these glitches or if you were an online game did you get pissed off when people used glitches?

Personally, I was a superbounce fanatic. I knew the bounces on pretty much every map and could do almost all of them on my first couple tries. I always laughed when people were screaming at me through the microphone since I was owning them from the superbounce spot but when people on the other team did a superbounce I always made it a priority to kill them (and I almost always got them).
    In a lot of ways those glitches made the game what it was. The superbounce stuff could be tricky to pull off in some games, and against a good team it wasn't the best strategy so it didn't really break the game, but it created some fun situations. Then there were more glitches that added another layer of skill to the game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post
    In a lot of ways those glitches made the game what it was. The superbounce stuff could be tricky to pull off in some games, and against a good team it wasn't the best strategy so it didn't really break the game, but it created some fun situations. Then there were more glitches that added another layer of skill to the game.
    Exactly. You could argue that the doubleshot and the BxR with the battle rifle were glitches. They were just more things to look out for, more things to learn, and more things to find out how to beat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    >Halo
    >underrated

My brain just died.
    Thank you. I still can't believe I'm reading "Halo" and "underrated" on the same sentence.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

au contraire, halo 2 IMO was massively overrated. all of the guns felt like peashooters except the sniper rifle, and the aim assist was way too sticky (but swipe sniping was pretty cool). The only Halo's that I think have lived up to the hype would be the first and Reach.