Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Games you absolutely refuse to own

Thanks

Any 3D Final Fantasy game. Never liked them and probably never will!
    Any games that are based on movies are generally awful so i stay well away from them

Thanks

I typically stay away from FPS and games that are based movie/anime/novel. There are exceptions, but very little.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy1234 View Post
    Any 3D Final Fantasy game. Never liked them and probably never will!
    Any games that are based on movies are generally awful so i stay well away from them
    The best movie based games I've seen before have been GoldenEye 007 or Spider-Man 2. There might be others that are decent enough but those are the 2 prominent ones on my mind.

Thanks

Any sorta movie based game

Thanks

The only thing I wont buy is DLC. I was willing to pay for Mission Packs and whatnot in the 90's when they were actually worth the small amount you were dishing out (rabble rabble), but paying for things like the ability to unlock characters or some other small item is just that companies way of saying, "Hey, we want you to eat a dick. Our dick." EDIT: Not that all DLC is like that, but for the most part it's small and trivial bs.

Aside from that I don't have any beef with specific genres or companies. Not even EA Sports since they're my only source for Hockey on PC.
    Last edited by Soylent Green; 10th-June-2012 at 03:03. Reason: Clarification.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soylent Green View Post
    The only thing I wont buy is DLC.

I'll amend that a bit and say that I won't purchase is day 1 DLC. I've been seeing a recent trend of that shit lately and it makes me sick. Most EA titles seem to have this garbage (I'm looking at you Bioware), and now shit stores like GameSlop are pre-selling map packs and shit for games like Gears of War 3, Call of Shitty and pretty much any other game these days. I will not partake in any of that.
    As for games, I'll keep this short because most of the stuff I refuse to buy has already been said.
    Call of Duty (I stopped at MW2. I will buy a next gen version, but until then NO.)
    Any sports title
    Final Fantasy (unless it's Tactics 2, or they go back and make a game with the medieval setting ala IV,IX, etc)
    Anything Bioware (I'm sorry, this company was awesome, until they totally sold their souls to EA. Mass 1 was fucking awesome, Mass 2 was more action and less RPG, and Mass 3 was just total shit. Don't get me started on Dragon Age 2 either)
    And finally Capcom, unless they really turn around. They are the major players in the "we sell you a game for $60, then fuck you with DLC that's already on the disc."

That's all.

Thanks
    EP Points

It seems that most game companies are more interested in making mediocre games to make quick money. Rather than taking the time to make a quality game. It's sad, especially when I remember back when games were better made. I'm not saying that mediocre games are new, no they're not. But they're seems to be a lot more put out these days.

Thanks

I refuse to buy Street Fighter vs Tekken on principle. As much as I was looking forward to it, I heard about the DLC on the disc bullcrap and told myself that they're not getting a dime from me. Any game that pulls that stunt in the future will get the same treatment as well.

I like Tripwire Interactive's (The makers of Killing Floor on the PC) view on DLC. "If it changes the game in any way, we believe it should be free and shouldn't charge people for it." The only things that they'll charge for are purely cosmetic things like character skins and the like, since you don't need them to enjoy the game to it's fullest and it changes nothing game play wise.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEsquire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheEsquire View Post
    I refuse to buy Street Fighter vs Tekken on principle. As much as I was looking forward to it, I heard about the DLC on the disc bullcrap and told myself that they're not getting a dime from me. Any game that pulls that stunt in the future will get the same treatment as well.
    This reason alone was why I returned my copy when it was still sealed. I guess in a good way, this allowed me to try other fighting games from other companies and see how they fare. I like Harada's aproach when he was asked about DLC for Tekken x Street Fighter saying there wouldn't be disc locked content. I hope the Persona Areana game does not have anything like disc locked content you have to pay for. I'm fine with unlocking things through certain conditions, as long as they don't involve real life currency.

Thanks

any of the ddr games.

Thanks

Any kid's game especially Bratz or Barbie stuff

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shin kai View Post
    The best movie based games I've seen before have been GoldenEye 007 or Spider-Man 2. There might be others that are decent enough but those are the 2 prominent ones on my mind.
    Blade Runner for PC, which was released back in 1997, that's a worthwhile addition. It was even innovative and made you feel like a Blade Runner. It's what introduced me to the film and made me love it. Also it was made by Westwood, creators of Command & Conquer and Legend of Kyrandia.
    And I refuse to own any Call Of Duty game after Modern Warfare 1. Sorry the best Call Of Duty is the first one, released for PC.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Blade Runner for PC, which was released back in 1997, that's a worthwhile addition. It was even innovative and made you feel like a Blade Runner. It's what introduced me to the film and made me love it. Also it was made by Westwood, creators of Command & Conquer and Legend of Kyrandia.
    And I refuse to own any Call Of Duty game after Modern Warfare 1. Sorry the best Call Of Duty is the first one, released for PC.
    Thanks for the heads up, I had forgotten they had made a game on the movie but I didn't know how it fared. To be honest and off topic, I actually haven't seen all of the movie itself yet. It's definitely on my to do list but it's been a while since I could sit down and enjoy a movie. Friends have constantly suggested I get the director's cut.

Thanks
    EP Points

to add to my previous post here, sports games with the exception being racing unless its crappy nascar. yes its realistic, realistic to the point where i try any real racing moves that would give me any chance of winning and get green flags or any of the numerous other complaints >.< honestly, its bad enough nascar lacks real variety in the races but when the only thing you can do is drive loops with drafting being the only method of advancing it stops becoming racing and even remotely fun and becomes a chore and just plain idiotic to continue.

my aunt bought one of those nascar games for xbox360 once and i have yet to win a single race on it as its so restricting in how you're allowed to race (NASCAR ain't racing, its driving loops and thats obvious to anyone whos ever played games like need for speed). oops i bumped someone, green flag. oops i bumped a wall, green flag.

oh and it seems to me (as it has for years) that games based off of movies are 75%+ crap whereas movies or tv shows based on games tend to do better usually :/ well sometimes.

Thanks

Any movie based game and Any of the Kingdom hearts series

for some reason i just refuse to play it.

Rewardsgaming.net