Thread: Final Fantasy IX emulation problems

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy IX emulation problems

Hey there. I've been playing FFIX on my epsxe 1.6 emulator for the last while and had no problems at all. Yesterday I was muddling around with getting netplay to work, and getting a screen recording program (A friend and I want to do a co-op let's play of it) but then when I went back to Final Fantasy IX just before a random battle starts, when the screen swirls into the center and the screen goes black my emulator goes down to 1 FPS. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I've tried deleting all my plugins and replacing them, I even tried EPSXE 1.7 . Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on what happened and what I can do to fix this?

I would be extremely grateful for any help at all with this. Thanks.

Thanks

Okay, so I found out it was being caused by the Framebuffer textures. I changed it to 3: gfx card buffer and software and it's no longer going to 1FPS, But the colours aren't correct. The colours are far more harsh than they're meant to. Like a solid green and blue on the edge of the swirl instead of a smooth gradient. Any ideas for this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you can use opengl2 you can usae the configuration in the game entry of my site http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me/ if not you can try software plugin for these parts in epsxe 1.70 you can change between software and hardware plugin with f7 or try with compatibility 4,1,0 in opengl1