Thread: Someone wanna help me build a good Gaming PC?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Someone wanna help me build a good Gaming PC?

Okay, so I'm kind of looking to buy a good gaming PC. I'll be buying it with my graduation money.

It'll have to be around $500-1,000...But we'll see, it also needs to be able to run Photoshop/After Effects/Etc.

I'm doing this mostly for college, but also for some PC gaming on the side. (WoW, LoL, TF2, etc.)

So can anyone help me out? I would really like the help. ^.^

Also, it doesn't have to, but it'd be cool if it could play Skyrim. Even with low settings.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Tooth View Post
    Okay, so I'm kind of looking to buy a good gaming PC. I'll be buying it with my graduation money.

It'll have to be around $500-1,000...But we'll see, it also needs to be able to run Photoshop/After Effects/Etc.

I'm doing this mostly for college, but also for some PC gaming on the side. (WoW, LoL, TF2, etc.)

So can anyone help me out? I would really like the help. ^.^

Also, it doesn't have to, but it'd be cool if it could play Skyrim. Even with low settings.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I really appreciate it.
    lol my laptop will play Skyrim on low settings with no lag and it is garbage,

which is to say single core semperon cpu @ 2.1ghz well below the dual core minimum amd m880g with ati radeon 4200 GPU 2 GB ram etc.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm adding
    $300, 3.06GHz i7 950 processor
    everyone add another things with price.
    Last edited by Mohit; 13th-April-2012 at 16:39.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...enware-m17x-r3

Think this will work???

I've had my friend help build me it. And hell, I'll NEED my laptop by August. Due to college...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Think this will work???

I've had my friend help build me it. And hell, I'll NEED my laptop by August. Due to college...
    They are very expensive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Think this will work???

yeah man that should play just about anything you want it to but you should know alienware is overpriced use this as a comparison.

there are some differences such as the one I linked the processor is a little smaller you are getting 2 extra GB of ram in the one I linked but this should be more than enough for what you need/want, and at a difference of $909.01 you would save yourself a lot of money.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught

Thanks
    EP Points

Think this will work???

Alienware is for serious gaming and some serious money especially the laptop version. It is not worth your money.
    You can try other laptop (non alienware; much much more cheaper) with a decent graphic card. Running skyrim with low settings or even a medium settings? Onboard gpu can do that especially Intel HD 300.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or you could just find a good computer shop and "request" some technical assistance

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    yeah man that should play just about anything you want it to but you should know alienware is overpriced use this as a comparison.

there are some differences such as the one I linked the processor is a little smaller you are getting 2 extra GB of ram in the one I linked but this should be more than enough for what you need/want, and at a difference of $909.01 you would save yourself a lot of money.
    Yeah they are a lot of money, but honestly I think it's kinda worth it. As long as it runs Photoshop and After Effects effectively, I don't care. And all my friends have an Alienware, and they love it. So I'm considering just getting the Alienware.

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    Alienware is for serious gaming and some serious money especially the laptop version. It is not worth your money.
    You can try other laptop (non alienware; much much more cheaper) with a decent graphic card. Running skyrim with low settings or even a medium settings? Onboard gpu can do that especially Intel HD 300.
    Ahh, yeah, I'm not really sure...Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    Or you could just find a good computer shop and "request" some technical assistance
    No.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post

Wouldn't a dual core @ 3.10 run faster or am i jsut stupid?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Dual Core is Pentium. It is the predecessor.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pentium handles the instruction sets for programs differently than the i-series processors same with amd for example on windows 7 the thurban processors are faster than the bulldozer line though by looking at the specs the bulldozer should be destroying the older models but bulldozer was setup to handle instructions differently compared to anything before it therefore windows 7 says what the hell is this thing trying to do to me and you get much less than peak performance.

Windows 8 reportedly fixes the bulldozer problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I'm not mistaken, Dual Core is from the Pentium series. If possible, try to avoid old skool CPU from Pentium series when it comes to building gaming computer.