Thread: Tales of Symphonia bug

Thanks

Default Tales of Symphonia bug

Hello

Im using dolphin 2.0 (on vista) with default settings to play tales of syphonia and so far everything seems to be ok, except some crashes i fixed with turning of native mode, but now there seems to be a new problem. Im currently in prison (sylvarant base), at the point where you have to hit the guard with the sorcerer's ring in order to escape (first 5 hours of the game). The problem is that...he can't be hit. Well i hit him, the "bullet" goes exactly on him, but it just...doesn't count. The emulator treats it as it never happened.
    I have beed trying this for the past 2+ hours before i made the thread and im 100% sure im doing it right, and i noticed some people having the same problem as me after some search on the internet, but i found no solution no matter how much i googled.

I don't thing it has to do anything with my computer specs since the game works pretty well apart from this.
    Anyone with any ideas please?
    Last edited by Ringil; 13th-April-2012 at 03:10.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
    Hello

Im using dolphin 2.0 (on vista) with default settings to play tales of syphonia and so far everything seems to be ok, except some crashes i fixed with turning of native mode, but now there seems to be a new problem. Im currently in prison (sylvarant base), at the point where you have to hit the guard with the sorcerer's ring in order to escape (first 5 hours of the game). The problem is that...he can't be hit. Well i hit him, the "bullet" goes exactly on him, but it just...doesn't count. The emulator treats it as it never happened.
    I have beed trying this for the past 2+ hours before i made the thread and im 100% sure im doing it right, and i noticed some people having the same problem as me after some search on the internet, but i found no solution no matter how much i googled.

I don't thing it has to do anything with my computer specs since the game works pretty well apart from this.
    Anyone with any ideas please?
    Emulator version?

although Tale of Symph has many issues with Dolphin

Thanks

i managed to fix it by messing with the settings for about an hour so. Dunno what fixed it, but whatever it was im happy

Thanks for showing interest though Kouen
    my version was the first one from here
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...ors/Windows/42
    dolphin 2.0

Thanks

oh btw they way is still get a lot of freezes, some of em fix with reload, some not.
    Anyone mind posting some optimal settings/config plz?

Thanks
    EP Points

I've already finished the game with the currently / updated builds (e.g 3.0 and SVN builds)

I've experienced freezes with Sheena and Collete in the battle party, aside from that everything was cake. I'm not sure why it's freezing though, as I've used a few cheats and that might be the cause of it.

I'm just using the Default settings

DSP LLE / LLE on Thread
    DX9
    1.5 Internal Res
    x9 AA
    X16 AF
    Widescreen hack
    force 16:9 res
    and projection hack for ToP

I suggest, try newer builds.

Thanks

today i got some crashes too which has never happened before.
    Anyone has any ideas what might have caused them? maybe i changed something to test and forgot to change i back
    Here are my settings, if anyone has any suggestions to make feel free too

Tried newer builds but they don't work atm, will try to find out whats wrong later
    oh btw you transfer saved games by the usual way, right?
    Grabbing the file from User>GC folders?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
    Tried newer builds but they don't work atm, will try to find out whats wrong later
    oh btw you transfer saved games by the usual way, right?
    Grabbing the file from User>GC folders?
    EFB copy should be with texture, also IDK why newer builds doesn't work for you. I've tried 3.0 and the newest one and it works flawlessly. I'm on my new game+ already. if you wan't I can upload my build and config and test it with you rig.

BTW, I'm using the 64bit version, and I'm playing the game at 768p

Thanks

Got 3.0 to work, and still got a crush with default settings as well as some.....keylogger alerts from kaspersky

Thanks

Actually my mistake, i don't get crashes, its an "unknown pointer error" but if i allow it it doesn't crash my game
    The problem now is that the game is....faster than usual, and the sound is messy.
    I used that thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395121 to configure the emu but they use a different version as an example, so im not so sure i did everything right.
    About the sound i have already read about the problem and the solution is something about enabling LLE (at the cost of speed, which i don't mind) but it is impossible to do because the emu says im missing some files.

Any ideas on that?
    Spicycow do you mind posting your settings in which you finished TOS?

Thanks

bump for one last ditch effort, because this game is unplayable in dolphin
    It just keeps on crashing, even with 3.0
    here are my settings

6GB RAM, M430 2,27GHz CPU, windows 7,
    emulator version dolphin 3.0, 64bit

The crashes say "the program has stopped working"
    any ideas please? It crashes every 10 mins, its plain impossible to play

ps: i use this rom http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...s+of+symphonia
    Last edited by Ringil; 21st-April-2012 at 14:28.