Thread: What is the coolest MAME front end? Recommendations!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What is the coolest MAME front end? Recommendations!

I've been doing arcade emulating for 5 months now and I've been having a blast. I've been using the dos version of mame and messing around with configurations n just pokin' around changing things and seeing how I can manipulate things in the CFG file to get it to do different things and play/look better. THANKS TO ALL ON THIS FORUM!! Its been a awsome fun learning experience (this icon makes me laugh. So i use it) I think I have more fun making things run with mame and messing with settings than accually playing the games! The only time I wanna play the games is with my son. I want to start incorportating MAME art, icons, and extra's and such into the gaming experience as well. Also I want to learn how to use and incorporate a cool front end to enhance picking out and browsing my roms instead of a black screen with random rom names LOL! I also need to manage my roms as well so I can fix them and make sure they are complete. I still have a lot to learn. So anyways, there are alot of MAME front ends out there! I'm not exactly looking for something easy and lame, but something that really enhances the experience that allows me to incorportate all kinds of extras. I see lots of people using mameUI32 or MameUI I guess its called now...Mameplus, emuloader....I just need some advice from people with experience with front ends. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    EP Points

I use MAME Plus but I also use MAME UI and MAME PLUS ASH BUILD as the ASH Build put games in Catagories

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave The Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been doing arcade emulating for 5 months now and I've been having a blast. I've been using the dos version of mame and messing around with configurations n just pokin' around changing things and seeing how I can manipulate things in the CFG file to get it to do different things and play/look better. THANKS TO ALL ON THIS FORUM!! Its been a awsome fun l

Thanks
    EP Points

I think HyperSpin looks the coolest and they offer great support

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://houba-mame.blogspot.com/

best one i ever used.

all the features of mame PPK and none of the nagging.