Thread: Howto upload

Thanks

Default Howto upload

Hi!

I downloaded an old AtariST game the other day ("Hanse (1986)(Ariolasoft)(de)[TOS 1.0]") and discovered that it only produced two bombs when started.
    I had a bit of spare time this weekend with the urge to do something silly, so I cracked it, removed the code that prevented it from running on TOS
    versions later than 1986, made it playable from any GEMDOS folder instead of floppy A: and packaged it with a manual found in the net and screen shots from
    running on Hatari into a zip file. Now my question would be: How do I upload the thing as an alternative to the existing image?

Thanks

Default Attached the version runnable from Emulators and (hopefully) all tos versions.

I have attached the zipped gemdos folder on a linux host running hatari. I guess 96.4k is
    ok as an attachment. This is a replacement for
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Atari_ST_R..._1.0%5D/112822, which is not working at all.

HANSE is a trading simulation based on the medieval trading network
    of the same name. It originally stopped working on later TOS versions.
    Removing the copy protection revealed why: For some reason they cut the
    GEMDOS entry vector short (probably performance tuning) and put the TOS
    internal address into the vector for all TOS versions they knew... and that were
    not too many in 86. Unfortunately they switched cases by ROM start address, so were
    not prepared to cater for two different entry addresses with ROM base FC0000.
    It would probably be possible to remove some superfluous code now and do it properly...
    Also, they set the drive number to 0 so the game was only playable from
    floppy drive A. I removed that restriction also, so the included HANSE.ZIP
    just has the zipped program folder suitable for any GEMDOS drive.
    Just ignore the change of disk messages when saving games, it will create a
    file SPIEL.DAT in the game folder.
    The game is available only in german, but it would be possible to replace the
    inlined strings by translated versions, if anybody really would be THAT interested
    in doing that

have fun...

EEI
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Hello I got a problem with uploading a new emulator for this site I thought I would help out it is a new dreamcast emulator followed the instructions and the upload was well under the 30 meg limit in fact it was just a little over 2 megs but when It finishes uploading it the file entity is too large whats up with that.