Thread: ePsxe Memory Card Problem

Thanks

Unhappy ePsxe Memory Card Problem

So I finally managed to get Chrono Cross running based off the hundreds of other threads without having the need to post a thread...

ePsxe 1.5.2 seems to be the answer
    however,
    as soon as I got Mojo, which is irrelevant to the problem-just frustrating,

I decided to tweak the video/audio settings
    so when I started 1.5.2 up again and tried to load,
    my in-game saves were gone.
    They had transferred over from the night before, so I wasn't worried about it,
    but now all I have is a much earlier save-state.

Was this a rookie mistake? should I just stick to save-states?
    or am I just missing something, or should I not mess with the video/audio plugins?
    I never had this problem before with any emulator, although I usually use save-states

thanks for all the help, before and now

Thanks

oh yea, I was pleasantly surprised to see the FF8 card game up, didn't know that was happening.
    any chance the FF9 game goes online anytime soon?

Thanks
    EP Points

the save state is why your saves are gone save states save the state of the emulator not the state of the game this means when you load a state it loads all the info the emulator had previously settings where you were in the game saves and all so unless there is a way to load from in the game (don't remember.)i.e. load option in the menu, you have lost your hard save/memory card save.

if you do have a load option in the in game menu you are in luck because you should be able to load your save state go to load on the menu and find your memory card save.

most people recommend going only memory card saves you could really go either way but only use one or the other but just remember if you use save states and for some reason have to change the emulator settings you will have to start a new game to see the settings take effect.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are a lot of Playstation games that will fail when you use save states. For example, Castlevania: SotN will get extremely bad sound bugs. This wasn't a problem with earlier emulators since the games were much smaller/simpler.

As a general rule, only use memory card saves with ePSXe. It will save you problems later.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

makes sense

but ive always been able to change settings and continue the save states, and there IS an in-game menu and my shits still gone from that

I was going for the "classic" feel with in-game saves..Ill probably continue...just try to be careful....I'll never be so trusting to the machines again
    thank you, and
    here we go again komodo momma,
    gimme them scales

interesting, Ive always always used save states
    I generally ONLY play the more difficult to render RPG's as well, and Ive never ran into this problem before (luckily)
    but Ive only been using emulators for a couple years also

tried to thanks/rep...I think it worked

weeeeelllll as long as Im goin forum-crazy here,

do any of those PS2 emulators work somewhat reliably yet on your average computer?
    Last edited by meganova; 9th-April-2012 at 09:08. Reason: triple posts merge, please make use of the EDIT button.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can use both of them is the best way to keep your game progress saved.

The save state save the memory cards that are in the monment you made the state and is a problem when your memory card is full you can't change and save but you could make a copy of your memory card and save overwriting the previous one and before exit the emulator copy the new memory card and you have the new save to avoid ghost saves.

And for savestates and changing plugins you can do it in audio plugins but you have some problems sometimes the music is not played until you go to a new location and similar fails but in most game it may works and you don't need to change graphic plugin if you use opengl2 only a few games won't work with it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gladiator (psx datacenter) For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is a guide to PS2 emulation including a link to system requirements for PCSX2 emulator. It helps if you make a new thread for a new question, but since the link is to a sticky thread check that out first and see if it helps.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I'm actually glad I didn't make a thread because I ended up stumbling onto that and other very obviously placed guides elsewhere on this forum later last night.
    but I thank you kindly.