Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Thanks
    EP Points

The IDSA has always contacted the site first, BEFORE talking to the host, that has always been their policy and this utter lack of respect does deserve to get them flamed, for whatever matter or not. But whatever may be the case, Thriveslam, if they have their copyright on the games, we're not violating it , since we're not changing ANYTHING in the game, it's the hacks that violate copyrights. DO you know the meaning of copyright ?? It's got NOTHING to do with distribution.
    Other than that, I don't expect the IDSA to respect a roms site or whatever they call us, warez site maybe, and as far as that is concerned, our host is also bound by contracts and terms with us, so they can't stop service like that, even the IDSA knows that, then why this foolishly lame attempt ?

Thriveslam, If I made a game and copyrighted it, and then saw it wasn't making any money I'd be more than willing to give it away for free. Even the copyright costs money, and why they sit placing their money on something which doesn't MAKE money anymore is a part of the corporate story I'll never understand.
    You think we're fools without any knowledge of the law running an emulation site for over two years ? Well, think again.

Thanks

Lets have a war against IDSA LOL *gets out my sword from the cupboard* no not realy hmm... yeah sorry Thriveslam... im a bit of a tard and talk shit sometimes so yeah.. sorry if i offendeded u..
    and yes i know i wrote offendeded because im a tard YAH HUH!

Thanks
    EP Points

I think Thriveslam or somebody close to him works for the IDSA thats why he's gettin' offended
    Lets blow up the IDSA
    * MasJ fetches the TNT

iceman200550 Guest

Cool

why dont you do this the easy way and act like a online gaming rental industry as like you borrow a game to someone they return that very game back it would b all legal since u arent illegally distributing roms it would be as f your only renting themm out

Thanks

1. Not allowed, rental stores have permission to do so from the publishers of the games.

2. What do you mean return? That doesn't really make sense to me.

3. Emuparadise hasn't paid for the games...

4. Welcome to the forum. [EDIT]You registered in June!?[EDIT]

iceman200550 Guest

Exclamation

well you could just use a online service where you can play the roms online or isos

Ace Guest

Wasn't it allowed to host roms as long as you give a warning that you must own the original games ?
    Last edited by Ace; 10th-August-2002 at 08:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, that rule was outruled on the 7th July Bill of some Digital Protection law.

chii Guest

go to www.gbxemu.com
    they got a message from IDSA, too

Thanks

Wow ... I didn't tell you guys to mow down Thriveslam.

Copyright is defined as "the exclusive legal right to reproduce, publish, and sell the matter and form (as of a literary, musical, or artistic work)" (Merriam-Webster dictionary) - can't find my Oxford. In essence, through ROMs, aren't we re-publishing, or at least reproducing, a game produced by the hard work of individuals. Again, I would like to re-iterate that I'm not saying that I'm against emulation - it's just my few cents to throw into the mix.

Sorry, MasJ, I didn't know about the IDSA policies. You seem to be quite knowledgeable on these issues.

But still, even if we photocopy the pages out of an old edition of a textbook at school, we are still violating copyright (there are posters all over the photocopier room saying that, but everyone ignores them). There's some Canadian Copying thing that lets you photocopy x% of a certain work - not textbooks (I think it's 10%), but I never pay attention to those stupid posters anyways.

EDIT: Umm ... that site doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks

"Out Hoster Wrote :
    August 9th 2002 - GBXEMU DOWN!

GBXEMU fans. We were contacted by our service provider this morning. Their upstream service provider had been contacted by the IDSA. They were told to shutdown gbx.consoleclassix.com or pull the service to our server. This message was passed down the line until it reached us. We had to down GBX in order to keep our T1 line up. We have no control of this situation. Thank you all for understanding.

So guys .. gbxemu is down and will be up soon i dunno when anyway lets just enjoy the chat and wait till we think of future plans chow .. you can chat at http://chat.gbxemu.com."

Laguna... that's why.

Maybe Emuparadise and the other sites which have been targeted should chat and see if we can help eachother out with this problem?

Thanks

Aren't we just enjoying the chat here until we come up with future plans as well?

Hehe, I liked this statement:

From http://www.emuunlim.com/doteaters/nintendo.htm:

Due to the National Information Infrastructure Copyright Act of 1995, (NIIC), Software in which the copyright is older than
    two years AND is no longer sold on the market, has been deemed available free to the public, due to the seemingly "apparent uselessness of outdated technology" as stated in the NIIC."
    I know that site is outdated, but I really don't know much about emulation and these laws (the fine print).

Shadow X Guest

In otherwords, IDSA is taking everybody down. And I really liked Gbxemu.com

Thanks
    EP Points

See, we don't reproduce them, they're not the cartridges. We don't sell them either. About publishing, we don't do that either.. why do you think a rom site has never been EVER sued till date ?

Just because they can't, it doesn't stand up in court.. since the roms are images (call em iso kind like if you want) but they're electronic reproductions which need special appliances to create and recreate, so it's pretty impossible..

Thanks

MasJ, you seem to know all about the issues surrounding this (looking at your previous posts in here) so hopefully you'll be able to get Emuparadise through this mess without much difficulty.

Considering they've taken the same actions against gbxemu, is it likely that they've launched a new anti-emulation campaign? Let's hope not...