Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Thanks

Hey, I'm from Canada! They don't belong here.

Good point, Thriveslam. They're just doing their job, and I agree that flaming them is going to get us nowhere (as I previously stated).

I do have to mention that you're quite bold for criticizing someone for not going to school and then saying:
    if your a police officer you are not allowed to enter.
    It's supposed to be you're.

Thanks

Bah to the IDSA. But hey, they're just doing their job. Ah well. I've hardly ever downloaded anything from here, so as long as the boards stay up, I'm fine. But then we won't have as many NEW members, and things will get boring.

Well, I hope things get sorted out (which they will). People don't need ot be saying goodbyes, the boards can't be taken off, the boards don't supply roms!

Thanks

**** English, I hate lil hoes that try to bash on the guys that really don't care about it, because thats all they got on them. Flaming English usage is so fuggin old, please think up something new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Good point, Thriveslam.
    No comma needed.
    They're just doing their job, and I agree that flaming them is going to get us nowhere (as I previously stated).
    Poorly written sentence, unneeded comma after job.
    Should be something in the nature of.
    They're just doing there job. I agree flaming them is going to get us nowhere.

Now I could point out other little shit that doesn't matter but your not perfect either nobody is. Thanks.

Which brings me to the question as to why it took so long for the IDSA to get around to emuparadise?
    They have thousands of other sites to investigate. Maybe roms weren't up at a time they came by, maybe we slipped by, maybe a file got put upside down, maybe it took a while to contact suchandsuch maybe a computer hacker deleted emuparadises file from the database a while ago, maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe. It's called CIRCUMSTANCES!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Hey, I'm from Canada! They don't belong here.

You know when you've been EDITED!
    Last edited by Cosmic; 18th-August-2002 at 16:52.

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

Thriveslam, you suck ass. If your just going to flame people, go away.

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

Thriveslam ur a bit picky arent u? the no comma bit and poorly written sentence? just back off lol. I said I THINK!! that they were breaking the law i never said it was right

Thanks

Which thirty video games companies did IDSA covered exactly?

I just log on and see this sad news... I really like this whole site since I can help ppl with emulation stuff and I came here is not because of roms. I really liked the message board. I really hope emuparadise staff would figure out a way to solve this problem... I guess this would be the biggest challenge emuparadise has ever come across...

Keep up the work, guys and don't let emuparadise falls!!

They are hot, aren't they??

Thanks

and more stuff u probably flame me for...

1. Jerome is right
    2. same as no. 1
    3. they are not warez they are ISOs same as ROMs
    4. what i said about the law is nothing like having a weed garden in ur basement.
    5. I never said it was right i said they had it on a site

Thanks
    EP Points

Thriveslam, you seem to be upsetting the people. I agree with you that N64 roms and even PSX ISO's can be called highly illegal due to their easy availability in the market, BUT, what about SNES roms ?? We've had to take down (for now) all our NES, SNES and N64 roms.
    If you hold yourself so upright and uphold the sanctity of the law, then why are you at an emulation site in the first place ? Most people would debarr themselves from emulation simply because it's 'stealing' and nobody wants to hang out with theifs. Isn't it ?
    Also, I think the N64 is quite far gone now, almost dead infact in most parts of the world, there're no new games coming out for it and it's almost phased out (will take another year to complete though).

About flaming the IDSA, I see no reason not to, they pulled a stupid stunt behind our backs and called on our host. THEY DID NOT CONTACT US DIRECTLY. That is like stabbing in the back. They directly emailed rackshack about this. If they didn't have the guts to directly talk to us, I doubt it would've worked out otherwise. If you think emuparadise is nothing but a money making warez operation, then you're very wrong, we love emulation, and thats why we have a site based on it, emuparadise can and will survive without roms, but I don't want to have to see that day come by..

Also, we have a great community, good people, helpful people, smart people, knowledgeable people, dumb and funny people too, but everyone is good. And the message boards can't go down, thats obvious. And neither will the roms sections..

Thanks

It is a law, a very controversial one at that. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that we can't use it to our advantage... but I'm sure somebody mentioned that the IDSA was based in the Netherlands, if that's the case then the law probably won't count for shit.

Stop with the flaming already, we're meant to be united or something. Not every rom needs to be removed, and even if they did, the site itself doesn't need to die. Look at Cherryroms. All you need to do is make sure that they have nothing left to attack you for, it's all good.

Why the hell do they mention Dig Dug? Is there a new Dig Dug game? Hehe... I had Dig Dug on my old Apple II.

As for people who support anti-emulation and groups such as the IDSA, why are you even registered at this forum if you hate its main purpose?

When I told Mystic that I couldn't access the forum, he said I was banned. Bastard.

RaNDOM Guest

Thriveslam, please do not send me to Canada; i'm moving up there on my own accord, and-being a hippie-yelling people with many different pictures at their command scare me, especially the pictures with witty titles.

We should just say that Emuparadise is based in some really poor country where no internet laws apply (we could make up a country, in fact). Or, we could all just sit around here and come up with a better idea, which will probably happen as soon as the next person posts i'm a member of the "dumb but good" people here.

Thanks

..... okay i did the comma and poorly written example on how nobody is perfect and flaming english usage is usless... if you didn't catch that.
    About flaming the IDSA, I see no reason not to, they pulled a stupid stunt behind our backs and called on our host. THEY DID NOT CONTACT US DIRECTLY. That is like stabbing in the back.
    True, but what would be quicker to do? Pull the plug out and it be done. Or stand by and wait to see if you delete the files, not that you wouldn't but there people out there that would ignore them until they went to ISP to unplug them.

4. what i said about the law is nothing like having a weed garden in ur basement.
    The internet privacy law your talking about does in some affect. I dono what kinda visualtion thing i'm using here but i know Jesus used so it must project some kind of image to you.

If you hold yourself so upright and uphold the sanctity of the law, then why are you at an emulation site in the first place ? Most people would debarr themselves from emulation simply because it's 'stealing' and nobody wants to hang out with theifs. Isn't it ?
    I confess i've downloaded a few japanese Final Fantasys and Final Bout for psx(it sucks). Thethe reason i headed here was for game gear emulation. My game gear fryed and i had millions of games for it yes this was years ago. Well my friends said you could emulat SNES games etc etc so you could probaly do that for your game gear. I got hooked on emulation and these message boards had a userdatabase that knew about emulation so hay.....
    As for people who support anti-emulation and groups such as the IDSA, why are you even registered at this forum if you hate its main purpose?
    Why? What if you produced games and people were out here downloading it for free? Lots of stuff you could download on this site you could still buy in stores. How would YOU feel? You missing out on hundreds of millions of dollars due to the black market? I "TRY" to stick up for people that work hard. Okay they may be filthy rich but they still work hard.

highly illegal due to their easy availability in the market, BUT, what about SNES roms ?? We've had to take down (for now) all our NES, SNES and N64 roms.
    I don't really give a crud about these games if they can't make any money off them why not let it be shared? I think i share the same mentaility as you. But it seems to me like lots of you are acting like you did nothing wrong and it was unfair to do that. Inreality its there copy right product they can do what ever the **** they wanna... which when i see people getting pissed off about this, it just makes me wanna slap them for being ignorant...

As for you guys flaming me yea you Shibby and Jerome. I'm sorry shib I thought it was ludicrius to think the ISDA was breaking some law trying to shut down some warez. Otherwise I give up you guys win. Jeebuz its 3am....................................
    Last edited by Thriveslam; 10th-August-2002 at 06:40.

Thanks

Thriveslam, please do not send me to Canada; i'm moving up there on my own accord, and-being a hippie-yelling people with many different pictures at their command scare me, especially the pictures with witty titles.
    Don't vote for me then

Thanks

Originally posted by MasJ:
    About flaming the IDSA, I see no reason not to, they pulled a stupid stunt behind our backs and called on our host. THEY DID NOT CONTACT US DIRECTLY. That is like stabbing in the back. They directly emailed rackshack about this. If they didn't have the guts to directly talk to us, I doubt it would've worked out otherwise.
    Naturally, this is the way that the IDSA would approach the situation. They are essentially emulation-haters, and all people who support emulation basically become non-humans to them. They see them as pirating, unworthy individuals. That is why they would fail to demonstrate any respect whatsoever for you and emuparadise as a whole - they would have thought that it would be an utter waste of time dealing with emuparadise-lovers.

Anyways, as Thriveslam pointed out, the fastest way is to call the host to pull the plug, isn't it? That way there are (theoretically) no protests from emuparadise reaching the IDSA (at least at first anyways) because inevitably, an argument would have sprang up had they addressed emuparadise directly and asked them to get rid of the ROM sections. By addressing the host, they used a third-party (that is essentially neutral to the matter) to get what they wanted, and that is a lot easier than dealing with emuparadise itself.

Hence, they were simply performing their jobs in the most efficient manner possible. But flaming them on the message boards isn't going to get us anywhere.