Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Zerostrike Guest

I've heard that the 24 hour rule is fake, is that true?

Thanks
    EP Points

Nightfall, hope your boss isn't the IDSA
    Anyway, the 24 hour rule IS fake, infact disclaimers and that stuff don't work, so we cannot do anything.
    They're not working through us, but through our host..
    Anyway.. thats that..

sickboy Guest

Angry

this sucks, I just told someone 10 minutes ago to come here for roms. now roms are off. well roms are always gonna be around if not emuparadise then some where else. I come here for the "boreds" not roms. ISDA can't really stop FTP or IRC sharing. so it's not really the end of the world. although I am sure an ISDA rep is lurking the boards so ease back on posting new links and ftp info.

Zerostrike Guest

Wouldn't surprise me if one was surfing here. I myself download older games 90% of the time. I've downloaded newer games maybe 7 times.

Thanks

LOL. NO MASJ. I do not work for IDSA. lol
    If i did i would have tried to hide the site from them. I like this site and know where to get my questions answered about emulation.
    Do you really think we have someone here that is an informer for the IDSA. That sucks bad. But the good thing is that we have a great forum here. This is what i come to the forum for anyways.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nah, they're not generally the types that surf message boards since that content cannot be limited anyways.
    Not all the roms are gone, we just had to remove the Nintendo roms, some of them are back online, and we'll be getting the Arcade ones back up soon too.

Zero126 Guest

Go www.cherryroms.com, they worked with the IDSA and they took off the roms that were protected, and look how many SNES roms they have! Look at all the roms there and take the ones off that are IDSA protected.

Christopher Time Guest

Hmm.. I noticed the down time but never expected it to be as serious as this..
    Anyway, no I doubt that would work out too well.. Sure it'll solve the problem slightly..
    But CherryRoms lost some of the Major most downloaded roms, which personally is why I stopped going there. I don't see a good answer to this without losing a bit of the glory this site has always had..

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe a very restricted roms section (with nintendo stuff) but one that needs membership and stuff maybe, or maybe host the nintendo stuff offsite (the pages). Some ideas can come to mind..

Thanks

Here's one thing I think about emulation: How many of us are gonna go out and spend money on older games when we can spend out money on newer games and get older ones for free?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, whatever may be the case, we need to find a solution to getting Nintendo roms back, they were the major portion of emuparadise!

Thanks

Originally posted by Davemc
    well, whatever happens, as long as the message board stays online, then it'll still be cool
    Amen to that. I really like the emuparadise message boards, and I'd hate to see it go down. But, they can't really do anything against the message boards...can they?

Alright, I'll be honest about my opinion. (And I think many of you will like it but...) I don't think you can do anything against IDSA... You can try to, but in the end, they will somehow manage to remove all the roms they want to remove. After all, the law is on their side. Sad but true And it sucks, yes I know... Sorry for being so pessimistic...

You see there are two ways to look at this, one is the law, the other is you.

1)The law: A company creates a game, it is rightfully theirs, and they can do with it whatever they want. If they want you not distributing their game, then they may do so.

2)You: The games aren't available anyway, let alone they make a profit on them. Why not share so that everyone can enjoy the games?

Well, I think that's roughly about it. Both of the things I mentioned are a variation of "fair", but which one is really right?

Christopher Time Guest

Which one is right? Both are of course.
    Older games make no profit or anything to the original creators, thus should be allowed to be shared.
    Newer games on the other hand need that "law" to protect them in order for the companies to gain profit.
    I've said it once and i'll say it again, N64 emulation is foolish and I couldn't care less if it was taken down.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no personal feelings one way or the other about it really.
    But if the IDSA forced those down.. Well.. It is technically only fair, as you can still easily buy those games.
    Yet as I said, older games make no profit or anything, I think perhaps it's the old "jealous" bit..
    They know people wouldn't buy them anymore but hate to see people still play them and love them.
    Thus they think they possibly can stop people from getting it, and perhaps.. Re-Release it later on? heh..
    Amazing how this ol' world works eh..?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, either ways, we run an emulation website here and N64 emulation is also a part of it, although I strongly support older systems. But even then, emuparadise started out with N64, (the site was founded as an n64 roms site) and I don't think thats about to change just yet.

Christopher Time Guest

I'm just stating facts is all, i'm more of a "old school" fan anyways.
    Honestly I hope you can keep as much as possible, but i'm not quite sure how you'll manage.