Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, they can't take us out, totally. But they've presented quite a challenge as far as the roms are concerned. But not all the roms, it's not their fault either, they're being paid by Nintendo to take us out.. grumble..

Btw, I have to say anonymous source for reasons, it isn't really anonymous, you all understand

Thanks

Melania, nice to see you around! I agree with your point. Emuparadise has a fantastic message board and is probably the best emulation site around.

Well, IDSA is paid to lock and kill, and they're likely reasonably efficient at it in order to be hired for the job.

Thanks
    EP Points

True, they are efficient, but thats where rigidity of the law and our smartness (shall hopefully) come into play. We need to 'bend da rules' somehow, and we will come up with something I'm sure. For now, maybe I'll open our server to game clients for online multiplay, just to keep people entertained

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MasJ:

i remember a time when you were considering taking the roms down anyway.

Most people on the boards siad they didnt download roms anywayz, like skinnie, if i can remember

hmm, i might be wrong but i think that happened

Melania Guest

I don't understand why these people are hired anyway. I mean, here in the Netherlands, you can buy almost none of the games that are on Emuparadise, because they are too old. Not even N64 anymore (well, hardly then). So how am I supposed to get new games for SNES and N64. Emulation is almost the only solution. I just see Emulation as a sort of last resort, because I can't buy a game either because it isn't available here (like Harvest Moon) or because I have no money (that's my own fault of course).

And the new games are selling like mad, so Nintendo and all the others make enough money, why use that money to send some deskcrawlers to destroy Emuparadise? It doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dave, we never considered taking any roms down, the essence of emuparadise is the roms.
    Anyhow, Melania, you are right, but to someone with copyright on something, I suppose it means a lot...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i'm sure there was something somewhere

hmm, some bastard has rated me so now i have 70 votes..

what an arse

D-Style Guest

Well as you al know if you go to a ROM site, most of them display a message that you have to own the ROM before you can download it. And Emuparadise isn't responsible if you make illegal use out of it. You problably already done this but I never downloaded here so I wouldn't know. I think we should seek in that direction.

Melania Guest

I get your point Masj, but if a game is sold nowhere, how can anybody have any profit of his copyright? And to make people pay for roms... that wouldn't work. It's just like all that shit going about downloading music now...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Melania: its dead

Blitzer Guest

****!!
    How can they just attack emuparadise?!!
    It doesn't do anything for ME if the roms is gone cause I come here for the message board but for all others?
    IDSA can SUCK MY BLITZBALL REAL HARD SO THEY GET IT IN THIER THROAT!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, try explaining that to Nintendo . It'll never work, hehe, they just want their intellectual rights all for themselves, I mean no one likes their work distributed, even if they don't make money off it. But I'm not on their side, I don't want emuparadise offline

Thanks

Who does?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well, whatever happens, as long as the message board stays online, then it'll still be cool :D

Melania Guest

Well, we have to wait and see what happens then, I guess. Oh well, I don't think everything can be checked, so, in a few days, Emuparadise surely will be up and running again (I hope).

Now I going to eat, so I'll see you (and this topic) tomorrow again!