Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Thanks

Like I said before, who's gonna buy old games. There's all these new incredible systems to play. I'm not demeaning the SNES or NES. Both are just as incredible as current systems. It's just that games can be bigger,faster, and more techcally advanced

StarShade Guest

Default Here's a thought!

Anyone want to go hack isda's web site?

(i'm kidding, though it would be interesting...)

I say that somebody needs to figure out a change in the copyright laws.

Sure books can go for the 75-100 year thing, but games advance ridiculously quickly, have very short shelf lives, and finally, WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT OF PREVENTING THE COPYING OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T EVEN SELL ANYMORE?!

That is what I call snobbery.

Finally, you cannot in a court of law prove that this or any similar site has cost their people any money, since the majority of the roms are for obsolete no longer in major use systems.

Therefore, I say BOINK!

Thanks

Well, for somewhat strange reasons, it seems that they don't want things that they previously sold for money to be distributed for free even though these things have depreciated in value and there is little/no demand and little/no availability of these things on the market either.

They believe that the individuals who worked hard on these projects deserve money for their creation forever.

Thanks

There's a used video game place run by the shady guy who smokes and smell bad. (I"m not kidding, we have one close by)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think it is the newer systems that they're more worried about. Never have I seen a site with so many GBA, N64 and GBC ROMs, let alone (until a few months ago) ISOs. All so, so good... and then there's all the other stuff!

However, when they say that they may be rereleasing something, ya gotta give them credit for that... the new GBA Zelda game is the exact same as a Link to the Past, save for the added multiplayer feature. But unless they do that with every game for the NES and SNES, and I say screw them.

Thanks

Yes, I forgot about the fact that some games are rereleased, but this happens very rarely - the game must be extremely popular or in high demand for this to happen. So you're right - the copyright has little or no use - it's what we would call superfluous. Ah, too much bureaucracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Aye. Bureaurcracy is rocketing up the scanfactor here. *has read too much Tad Williams*

And I messed up that last post. It's suppose to say "Unless they do that for every game for the NES and SNES, then I say screw them."

Ah well. If you take it into percentage of rereleased games, I think it's somewhere around... .1% I can recollect three out of like 500-700 games.

IDSA is getting too picky, really. If people love the games enough to do something "illegal" to get them, then why don't they just take it as a compliment on their good gaming and leave it be?

Thanks

Protecting copyright on such useless measures gives the IDSA something to do and people jobs.

I would take it as a compliment, but apparently, they believe that it's a violation of "rewarding" the creators justly for their work. It's a fine line really.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I admit it does give people jobs, but if they want to get into copyright issues, for God's sake people, become lawyers! They're paid so much better! And people'll diss ya in both professions anyways!

And it is a very fine line, that's why they try and take such actions against us 'cause they think we don't know where the line is drawn. Personally, I think they're gonna make us take down the stuff they want then leave and hope that we stay good, and most likely we'll reupload the stuff and they'll never know. It's that damned simple.

'Sides, the TV thing we got cookin' isn't half bad, either. Let's see them get on our asses about that.

Thanks

That really shows how much work they've got to do...
    If it where not for cases like this the IDSA would just sit on their asses all day long and get paid for it.
    They probably do bigger stuff than this, but come on it's almost pathetic that they do what the do now.
    If they shut down Emuparadise.org new emulation sites will just appear, though not nearly as good as this one
    The rom section is great, the community is the best.
    Emuparadise.org rulez.
    Even though it says I only joined a couple of days ago I actually joined half a year ago, but i was a little bit inactive (too shy to write anything ) so when MasJ had his "cleaning round" of inactive accounts mine got deleted too. But everyday i was on the messageboard.

IDSA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personally, even if they succeed in getting rid of the site in itself, they can't take down the URL name and thus the message board, since it doesn't violate any of their copyright laws. Alas, the community will live, and the content shall die until we get around to making it bigger, better and badder than ever before.

Thanks

Will they let us reupload the stuff? I think they'll keep a closer eye on us than that. After all, emuparadise is a quickly growing (not only in size but in popularity) emulation site. They'll probably keep their eye on us - they have nothing better to do anyways.

Lawyers need more qualifications than members of the IDSA anyways, don't they?

Zuljin, they probably do sit on their butts all day in an office chair anyways, sending e-mails and threatening emulation sites.

EDIT - Why'd you change your sig, Drageuth?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They'll probably run off to attack another bigname site, and if we keep a low profile for a while they'll eventually leave. No one can be that interested in us. Especially if MasJ posts the sites "death", as in he won't upload anymore and "resigns" in maintaining the site's ROM populace and relocates to the message boards to spend most of his time. There are ways we can get around the IDSA and toy with them.

Shadow X Guest

Originally posted by Laguna
    Will they let us reupload the stuff? I think they'll keep a closer eye on us than that. After all, emuparadise is a quickly growing (not only in size but in popularity) emulation site. They'll probably keep their eye on us - they have nothing better to do anyways.

Lawyers need more qualifications than members of the IDSA anyways, don't they?

Zuljin, they probably do sit on their butts all day in an office chair anyways, sending e-mails and threatening emulation sites.
    Like most people in this world, if you have power you might as well use it. They do this ,so it would seem, to appear as if they were doing there job.

DragonAeris Guest

I rember bleem haveing the tombstone, but all they did was change thier homepage to have that stuped thing(It could have saved them). Also they have another site. I think all they did was change the name of the site.

What about hveing the roms they want off the site and on a FTP instead. Is it possable for them to attack someone they don't know or where that person is located? The ISDA can not attack FTP since thier is no host to contact.

Is there any of your members that are conected 24/7? If so this shouldent be a problem.