Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Thanks

Glad to finally see some support from you, Thriveslam, saying that emuparadise won't go down for a while.

Wow, these arguments are getting old fast.

Christopher Time Guest

Not bad though, 196 replies (including this one) in less than two days..
    Eh.. Oh well, fight it out all you want, i'll be elsewhere. :wink:

RaNDOM Guest

ok, i have absolutely no clue if this would be a proper solution to the problem, but after having read 2 or 3 pages of replies, i thought i might post it.

someone (MasJ, i believe) posted that IDSA only goes after the big, public sites, not the small emu/ROM sites. What if you were to break the ROM sections up by site (an NES ROM site, a SNES ROM site, etc) to give the appearance of several small-yet-well-organized ROM sites? i have no clue as to the legality of this (i've already stated that i was a part of the "dumb but good" people here ). An alternate solution would be to set up an online trading network using p2p programs, or through ICQ, or something...once again, the legality of this evades me. just wanted to try and help out emuparadise.

a "debate"? that's what you have in law classes at school. the "debate" in this thread is simply a degradation of each other's ideas and opinions, not rebuttles and acceptance. but, to each his own...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

umm why bother? we have IRC

RaNDOM Guest

Originally posted by Davemc
    umm why bother? we have IRC
    then do it through IRC...that's what the "or something" is there for. Of course, i'm just waiting to get slapped with all the posts saying "that won't work, because..." so i'll leave all the hard legal-thinking to the people who can do that.

Thanks

I AM PISSED! Why the hell did they kill Gbxemu?! roaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i will personally go to the IDSA and kick all there asses for u! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! I seriously hate the f***ing IDSA. since I am Australian I dont care about US. Copyright laws i could host all the roms on my site or something? they cant get me... can they? if u switch to IRC im dead because I dunno how the hell to use it oh well... if the message board survives il be happy

StarShade Guest

Default I know where to find ROMs...

If you die, I know a site that is 100% Roms without any information...

I won't say it on here since I don't want the silly ISDA to get it.

I mean, seriously, they need to fix the copyrighting laws. It is starting to get ridiculous, someone tried to patent "hyperlinking" way back when, and when you get to that point... you're going crazy.

They need to #1: Fix the copyrighting laws so things no longer being published do not count.

After all, what's the point of taking it off-line? They are receiving no money from this, so what are they doing? Protecting pawn shops that sell old games?
    They've officially lost their minds, and I will be the first to sign their entrance certificates to the insane asylum.

Thanks

"If you die" ... that's an alternative that we wouldn't like to face.

Whether it is being published or not, it still took the hard work of the creators to produce it in the first place. (At least that's what the IDSA would say ... with a whole bunch more legal terms).

But I agree that it's impractical and preposterous to place such restrictions on these things that are basically of no financial value anymore.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I say that take down the absolute minimum that we have to take down and keep the rest up, then upload even more stuff than before to flaunt it in their faces. Stuff that isn't "illegal". I'm sure their prime directive is to shut down one of the biggest distributors of ROMs on the 'net, and that could just as easily be EmuParadise. They got for the big, skip over the small, and then the small become the big, and the smallest become the small. It's all a vicious cycle that'll never end, now that it started.

For anyone who's ever read the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, he starts every book like this:

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave birth comes again. Ine one Age, an Age long past, a wind rose above (insert name here). The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

You can basically translate that into emulation websites. Time goes by, good websites come and go, leaving memories which people shall remember. Legends fade to myth where people don't even believe what was on the site, and myth is forgotten when the website is given rebirth and basically "rises from the dead", the wind blowing over the long-lost Age as all the old visitors are reunited in this new, improved version of paradise. EmuParadise.

This isn't the beginning of IDSAs attacks on emulation websites. It's just a beginning for us. It's a beginning.

*nods* Don't know if this made sense, but what it's basically saying is that EmuParadise may go down for a bit, maybe a month, maybe a year, but even when it does that I doubt anyone will let it die. It will rise again.

Thanks

Listen to what MasJ is saying! Emuparadise is NOT going down, we just have to take a few roms down for the moment. They'll be back up eventually. We'll find a way around this. Emuparadise isn't dying, it's just... temporarily missing a part of itself. You'll see.

Thanks

Exactly XKR. Emuparadise is not going down. Just chill everyone, when you wake up tomorrow Emuparadise will still be here, bigger and better then ever!

Thanks

About Thriveslam, I doubt that he works at Capcom, and if he does then he's made a bit of a blunder just then. Why would you deliberately affiliate the company you work for with one of it's biggest banes, emulation and piracy? Doesn't make sense to me. The only purpose it serves is seemingly to try and make yourself look important here, which is pointless anyway.

What's with all the random people who decide to post that Emuparadise is dying? Is it the latest craze? I wanna join in on the fad... EMU PARADE ICE WILL NEVAR DIE!!!!!!!!1111``` BUT WHEN IT DOES IT WILL BE BACK! SO THAR!!!!11111111

RaNDOM Guest

Originally posted by Onestroke
    What's with all the random people who decide to post
    not a clue. seems everybody wants to be like me, still then again, i am a deluded manic depressive. I ROCK!! *cough*...

anyways, as Jimmy has so lovingly put it, there are lots of people who are coming in here and posting about how emuparadise will never die. well, no shit; that's been a point from the beginning. i also seriously doubt that Thriveslam works for Capcom. But, i'm not here to badmouth anybody; i'm here to support a site i like going to. somebody should write a song about this, or something. Lots of multi-coloured smiley faces and misspelled words..."I HEART EMUPARADISE, IT SEEEEM TO B REEEL NICE, I HEART EMUPARADIZE!!"

did anyone ever figure out how the ROM section would be fixed so that we keep them? or are they just going to be taken out permanently?

Thanks

Wouldn't be an EP post without a spam, so:

Hi.

Thanks

Originally posted by Galcian
    Thriveslam...explain to us what is your interest in coming to this webpage? To defend the rights of the companies that only think in themselves, and not in the consumers?
    Well, you could say ROMs of new games are just the reversal of that. Instead of buying a new game people simply download it for free. That's not good for companies.