Page 1 of 51 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation IDSA Attacks emuparadise.org! *Must Read*

Well, it's true, we had downtime earlier today due to the fact that the IDSA pulled a fast one on us, contacted our host and told them that they represent the copyright holders of a lot of stuff on emuparadise.org. We've had to take off the roms sections until we can come with a good solution to this one.

Here's part of the email which we got from an anonymous source it was apparently sent to our host, rackshack.net:

Subject: Demand for Immediate Take Down - Notice of Infringing Activity
    -
    Ref. #573063

Interactive Digital Software Association
    1211 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, DC 20036 USA

Attention: Piracy Enforcement – DMCA Officer
    Telephone: 202-223-2400
    Fax: 202-223-2401
    E-mail: [email protected]

Wednesday, August 07, 2002

I am an authorized representative of the Interactive Digital Software Association (“IDSA”), which represents the intellectual property interests of over thirty companies that publish interactive games for video game consoles, personal computers, handheld devices and the Internet.

IDSA has a good faith belief that the Internet site found at
    http://64.246.26.137/ infringes the rights of one or more IDSA members by offering for download one or more unauthorized copies of one or more game products protected by copyright, including, but not limited to:
    Dig Dug
    Donkey Kong
    Mario
    Pac Man

The unauthorized copies of such game product[s] appearing on, or made available through, such site are listed and/or identified on such Internet site by their titles, variations thereof or depictions of associated artwork (any such game titles, copies, listings and/or other depictions of, or references to, any contents of such game product, are hereinafter referred to as “Infringing Material”). Based on the information at its disposal on 8/7/2002 3:48:09 PM GMT, IDSA believes that the statements in this notice are accurate and correctly describe the infringing nature and status of the Infringing Material.

Accordingly, IDSA hereby requests Everyones Internet, Inc. to
    immediately remove or disable access to the Infringing Material at the URL address identified above.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I had to remove certain parts of that email due to legal reasons but thats what we heard from our anonymous source.

Any lawyers or jurists on our forum who want to help us solve this problem ?? We'll ofcourse HAVE TO remove pac-man, dig dug etc from the site..

Well, what do you say people ?? I say grrrr......

Thanks

Yes - I noticed that the site was down.

How'd you get back up though? Just by getting rid of the ROM sections was good enough?

Thanks

So that's why I couldn't access. I say, ISDA kiss my shiny hiney, you guys can't win. If you close down Emuparadise, 3 more emulation sites will spring up and out of those three moe will come. Emulation will survive

Thanks
    EP Points

Default BUT!

But, whatever may be the case, we'll not stop emuparadise.org, the reason I didn't post this on the front page or anywhere nearby was because I don't want people to get worried.

Other than that, I thought you guys deserved to know whats up, hence the post is here.

Thanks

When the site was down for so long, the first thing that came to my mind was that valid question posed by (I think it was Thriveslam): How does emuparadise stay up for so long?

I was going to start a thread asking what happened to the server yesterday, but I was hesitant because I wasn't sure whether everyone else experienced the same problem. But looking at the post dates, it was pretty obvious that they did. Thanks, MasJ, for letting us know - and if this site does have to go down (despite the protests), it's good to know that they went down with a fight. I'm sorry, but legality issues do prevail, and it's ultimately falls out of our hands.

Special thanks to all the people on the message boards, especially Jimmy, KnightofNachos, elhaym, MasJ, Maison Gray, Dark_Magician, Davemc, Sixchan, Vinni, XKR, and co. (too many to list) - if IDSA has caught on, they're not going to let go.
    Last edited by Laguna; 9th-August-2002 at 13:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

We had to negotitiate a bit, but now we gotta think of something.

Thanks
    EP Points

IDSA doesn't represent all the companies out there, for example, they don't represent Sega.
    So emuparadise can't be touched by them in that case

Thanks

LOL. But would this be emuparadise without most of the ROMs? Well, for me, it is - I come here for the message boards.

Anyways, good luck in your negotiating.

Thanks

Yes, I got all the roms I needed a while ago. Now I just come for the message board. And good luck on the negotiating
    Last edited by Bagel; 9th-August-2002 at 13:44.

Thanks

I'll have to admit that's why I came here as well originally. And isn't that why nearly all of us are here?

Oh yes ... I would like to take this chance to thank all the admin and the mods for a job well done.

Thanks
    EP Points

LOL You guys are behaving as if we're going to die in the next two days
    Thats not gonna happen, and we'll find a solution, if there is a problem, there always is a solution, isn't it

Thanks

We wish to go out with nobility

Thanks

Optimism holds its ground ... - hey, why are we the only three posting in this topic? There's other people around.

Things just don't always go according to plan - be prepared for the worst. We're pessimists, aren't we, Super Bagel?

Melania Guest

Originally posted by MasJ
    Well, what do you say people ?? I say grrrr......
    Me too. Couple of jerks. Of all the emulation sites, they had to pick Emuparadise! And that freaks me out, cause you're the only site I found so far that is a decent one (lots of roms, good speed, nice messageboard, friendly Admins en mods). So in my opinion IDSA should just stop this madness, cause IF Emuparadise would die, ten new rom sites would appear.

Only not as good as Emuparadise...