Thread: Microsoft's TPM / Palladium

AshKetchum Guest

Default Microsoft's TPM / Palladium

Hey guys what do you think of Microsofts idea with the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) and Palladium stuff? Awfull ain't it??

Oh yes, I think a lot of people don't know what I'm talking about, so let's explain. IBM and Microsoft have founded TCPA (Trusted Computing Platform Alliance) with are making those TPM chips.
    The chips check, when you turn your Computer on, your hardware. Okay, that's normal so far (since XP). But this chip also checks if the hardware can be "trusted"! In other words, the chip has a list with "allowed" hardware, and if your hardware isn't in this list, it simply blocks all accesses!
    And if your BIOS isn't accepted....

But now comes the even harder part. "Palladium", which should be intigrated in Windows, should, like the TPM chip, check all Software. For example, if it says, CloneCD may not clone any CDs, then have fun! Or imagine you cannot start your favourite game!

Bwah

What interest me is what Microsoft wants to do with it. I mean, does it profit from this????? I can image that Microsoft will "sell" this list. Who wants to be trusted, must pay....

Somebody stop this Gates!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it is a really shitty idea

AshKetchum Guest

it's not an idea, they're already working on it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

figure of speech

Thanks
    EP Points

It'll never come through, and even if it does, it'll be hacked and cracked before it gets through, and who's gonna stop people from having MS-Mod-Chips for their PC's
    And Pro Privacy groups will never let it happen, same as intel had to remove the processor serial number from PIII's. So nevermind about it. The govt. won't allow it

AshKetchum Guest

well... I do hope it you're right... though I'm really not sure... I mean, the ol' Gates has put many things through...
    But about the hacking and cracking.... yes that 100% RIGHT!