Thread: ePSXe Stuttering Problem

Thanks
    EP Points

Default ePSXe Stuttering Problem

Hey guys I already tried the intructions of this thread: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ike-dual-cores but nothing I checked on the task manager and it's indeed running with only one processor!

I also tried to run with the graphics plugins on max and on minimum but it still stutters! Can someone please help me? My notebook is not too crappy to play a PS1 game! My old PC used to play a lot better
    Last edited by Bruno; 4th-April-2012 at 19:50.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Thanks

We need to know what version of epsxe you are using and the video, sound, and CD Rom plug ins names and versions too before anyone can really help. A good start would be to use the core epsxe sound and CD Rom plug ins and turn off high res textures in the video settings panel. This should heavily reduce you CPU usage.

If i was remotely usefull (how ever unlikey that maybe) feel free to click the thanks button or share some rep.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm using ePSXe 1.7.0 on the image the plugins I'm using:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg269...jpg&res=medium

I'm using the default plugins the only different ones is for the graphics. I tried to set each one at min and max configurations and it still give me stutter problems!
    Last edited by Bruno; 4th-April-2012 at 23:54.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

try these plugins and settings.
    Definately work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Skull\Mohit why in the hell did you upload a file when you could have just as easily told him the plug in and settings or took a screen shot and posted it in the thread....

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    Skull\Mohit why in the hell did you upload a file when you could have just as easily told him the plug in and settings or took a screen shot and posted it in the thread....

He have the plugins?
    I thought to make it easy for him

Thanks
    EP Points

most of the plugins come with epsxe but I understand your reasoning if he didn't it would make it more convenient.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey thx man! I appreciate your help but the video plugin looks like shit on my PC and the stutter continues! The sound plugin didn't help either and about the CDR plugin I think it don't change anyting for me cause I'm loading the iso directly with the emulator.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Hey thx man! I appreciate your help but the video plugin looks like shit on my PC and the stutter continues! The sound plugin didn't help either and about the CDR plugin I think it don't change anyting for me cause I'm loading the iso directly with the emulator.
    Your pc is very good for epsxe.
    Maybe you should close some programs and windows. Then try to play the game again when your pc is idle. or try updating your drivers then.

Thanks
    EP Points

OK this may or may not work but is worth a try in your video plug-in take your graphics vram off auto set it to it's highest setting 512 turn on the frame limit and set it to 60.

let us know if this helps also what game\s are you trying to run

Thanks
    EP Points

Tried what you said and nothing I even turned off the internet the antivirus and everything I could think of! Tecmo's Deception Invitation to Darkness is still stuttering but it's the same for every game maybe it's my video card because it's integrated or something like that.

Well I have to go now thx a lot for the patience guys I will keep trying and if you guys have another ideas please let me know. See ya!
    Last edited by Bruno; 5th-April-2012 at 03:30.

Thanks

have you made sure the video plugin is using the correct video card? you can tell the plugin to use different video cards if you have multiple on your computer, on my lappy it has two options in the GPU selection box even through I've only got one.

If i was remotely usefull (how ever unlikey that maybe) feel free to click the thanks button or share some rep.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you try with the settings of my page http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me/ , as always if you can use opengl2 is the best plugin, next is opengl,direct 3d and you could always use the software plugin pressing f7 en epsx 1.70.

And for audio internal, eternal or the last peops plugins depend of your computer and taste.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blog View Post
    have you made sure the video plugin is using the correct video card? you can tell the plugin to use different video cards if you have multiple on your computer, on my lappy it has two options in the GPU selection box even through I've only got one.
    I changed to NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB on the NVIDIA control painel so it is the default one leave on auto can give me problems on some games. In the opengl plugins config I just can't choose the card but on directx plugins I have two options: primary drive or Intel(R) HD Graphics Family I will try mess around and I will get back here to try the other things!

EDIT: nope still problems! when I choose Intel(R) HD Graphics Family to be the default one on NVIDIA control painel the plugin just can't find GeForce GT 525M! But I can tell it is using GeForce indeed cause I tried to put the opengl2 on max and changed to Graphics Family and the game looked like shit and them when I switched back to Geforce the game looks good again!

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    Did you try with the settings of my page http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me/ , as always if you can use opengl2 is the best plugin, next is opengl,direct 3d and you could always use the software plugin pressing f7 en epsx 1.70.

And for audio internal, eternal or the last peops plugins depend of your computer and taste.
    Tried and nothing! This is either something wrong with me or my notebook! Or both

I tried the F7 thing a while ago but it's the same problem! In audio I tried all 3 plugins! could this be my sound card? All I know about it is that it's called Realtek High Def maybe some shit onboad thing

The games are playable but it's kind of annoying to see the sound stuttering in a new PC when I hoped that it would be perfect

EDIT: Tested psxfin and it works without any problems! except that I don't want to play with graphics like that! So I'm trying to find a replacement for epsxe.
    Now I'm trying to test pcsx but I can't find a joypad plugin that works correctly with my pad please help me!

EDIT2: pcsx has the same problems! maybe the graphics plugins don't like my video card

So if no one has better ideas I will just have to give up
    Last edited by Bruno; 5th-April-2012 at 21:14.