Thread: Some GBA games not running in gpSP

Thanks

Arrow Some GBA games not running in gpSP

The title of the thread pretty much says it all - I'm running gpSP 0.9 on my OFW 6.60 PSP 3003 (04g). Some games (FFVI Advance, Alien Hominid, Metroid Zero Mission, etc) are running normally, but other games - such as Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories and LOZ: Minish Cap - won't load at all, and either send me back to the XMB or turn the PSP off. I know that there's nothing wrong with the emulator because other games run, and the games work fine on my PC emulator (VisualBoy Advance). Does anybody on the forums know what I'm doing wrong and/or how to fix it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you use the one I've recommended to you earlier? Strangely both games(CoM & LoZ) runs fine at my end, with default settings.

Any changes made on the emulator settings? and errors when the emulator send you back to XMB?

Thanks

I managed to get gpSP 0.9 working,, so I've been using that - I'll try the one you recommended now.

The only settings I've changed are the button configuration and changing the screen resolution to 'unscaled 3:2' and I don't get any error messages.

Update: The version you recommended loaded fine, but in Japanese. I eventually managed to get to the point where I selected the game to load - I selected Kingdom Hearts, and it sent me back to the gpSP menu. It did the same thing with games that had worked previously in gpSP 0.9.
    Last edited by NinjaRic; 1st-April-2012 at 15:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

It may be a bad BIOS, download the GBA bios from emuparadise bios section, see if that helps.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    It may be a bad BIOS, download the GBA bios from emuparadise bios section, see if that helps.
    Would a bad BIOS work with some games and not others? I'll try doing that.

Update: Changing the BIOS file has had no effect - the games that didn't work before still don't work.
    Last edited by NinjaRic; 1st-April-2012 at 19:28.