Thread: GBA Emulator On OFW 6.60 PSP 3003

Thanks

Default GBA Emulator On OFW 6.60 PSP 3003

Been trying to get various versions of a GBA emulator for PSP called 'gpSP' (some signed, some not) to run on my PSP 3000, but I can't get any of them to work. I don't wan't to install CFW, I'm not against downgrading my firmware but I'm not really sure how to, or what potential risks there are with doing so. Does anyone know how I can get hold of an emulator that will work properly, or what to do to get it working on my PSP?

Thanks
    EP Points

Only the signed gpSP will work on OFW, which version have you tried?

There is a simple guide on how to downgrade your PSP. Make sure to read the instructions, carefully.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...grader-for-PSP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Only the signed gpSP will work on OFW, which version have you tried?

There is a simple guide on how to downgrade your PSP. Make sure to read the instructions, carefully.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...grader-for-PSP!
    I tried with various 'kai' mods of gpSP, and the signed version of gpSP0.9 - They either crashed while loading, or showed up as corrupted on the XMB.

I was thinking about downgrading - are there any cons other than being unable to access PSN on the console? And would it be possible to downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20 or something, and then use a UMD to upgrade it to 6.37?

Thanks
    EP Points

Try gpSP-J 110507, if it shown as corrupted, make sure the gpSP folder(with EBOOT file in it) is placed inside the /PSP/GAME folder, and shorten the name if its too long.

You can only downgrade to a certain firmware depends on your PSP Module, for example, 03g unit can be downgraded to 6.20 and below, while 09g unit can only be downgraded as far to 6.35.
    Yes, you can do that, but may I ask why you want to downgrade, and then updating the firmware?

Nope, the only cons is for not able to access PSN.

Thanks

Okay, I'll try that one now.

Yeah I know, mine's 04g (according to PSPModuleChecker) so I think I can get down to 6.30?
    Great, and because the Chronoswitch downgrader you posted a link to downgrades to 6.35/6.39. My legit UMD of The 3rd Birthday needs 6.37 to run, and all the OFW EBOOTS I've seen on these forums only work up to 6.37 (according to the uploaders).

Okay, I think I'll have a go at downgrading it later today. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes. I think 04g can also be downgraded as low as 6.00, but just downgrade to 6.35 so that you won't get another problem updating to the firmware you want, which is 6.37.
    Because most(if not all) of the OFW signed Eboots here are signed with the old fake_np, it will only support up to 6.39 OFW, you can however, sign the games yourself to be playable on 6.60 using the latest fake_np.

If your only reason to downgrade is because of the Eboot games, then I won't encourage you to do it as the potential of getting bricked is very high(and its not worth it).
    But if you still want to do it, then proceed with caution.

and You're welcome.

Thanks

Yeah that's basically the only reason for me doing it... I didn't realise that downgrading had such a high risk of bricking?

So would I be able to use the latest version of fake_np to take the EBOOTS which have already been signed for OFW 6.37/39 and sign them for OFW 6.60, or would I need to get a clean ISO file?
    Last edited by NinjaRic; 1st-April-2012 at 11:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, you need a clean ISO file.

Thanks

Okay, thanks again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can one of you fine gents link me to a copy of gpSP-J 110507? I don't exactly trust what comes up on Google, since I have only the one PSP and I would hate for it to get bricked because some jerkass decided to upload something that would destroy it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Can one of you fine gents link me to a copy of gpSP-J 110507? I don't exactly trust what comes up on Google, since I have only the one PSP and I would hate for it to get bricked because some jerkass decided to upload something that would destroy it.
    Unless you're fluent in Japanese, I wouldn't use gpSP-J 110507. Try this one - http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2683 It's the original gpSP, which hasn't been fiddled with by anonymous Japanese coders, and it runs fine on my PSP-3003 (some of the games don't, but that's another story...). If you use the link in the second post on this website, there's a BIOS file with it, so the only things you'll need are what you download there, and games. Enjoy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NinjaRic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Works like a charm so far. Now the only problem is I seem to have lost my PSP USB cable so I have to pull out my memory stick and put it into my PSP to make sure this all works and add games.

Fantastic, that. The one time I need the cable, I can't find it...

Thanks

Hahaha, well at least it's working for you