Thread: Final Fantasy 7 problem

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy 7 problem

I've had a lot of frustrating setbacks trying to get this game, so I'll try to give as detailed an explanation as possible. I've been wanting to download Final Fantasy 7 for a while, so today I took the time to download the 3 discs off this site. The files were:

Final Fantasy VII [NTSC-U] [Disc1of3] [SCUS-94163]
    Final Fantasy VII [NTSC-U] [Disc2of3] [SCUS-94164]
    Final Fantasy VII [NTSC-U] [Disc3of3] [SCUS-94165]

All in .rar format. I decompress all of them in separate files, one at a time, and each file has an ecm and a cue file (example: Final Fantasy VII [NTSC-U] [Disc1of3] [SCUS-94163].bin.ecm). After that, I got PakkISO and used unecm to convert the 3 ECM files into BIN files. So far, so good, it all goes well. Then I open my emulator (pSX 1.13), load the BIN image of disc 1, and it starts running. Screen reads Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents, then Squaresoft, and that's when the problem starts.

After the Squaresoft screen goes, I hear some music playing, and then immediately the credits start to roll. I press all the buttons possible on the controller and nothing responds, and after the credits finish, I see a screen saying "Final Fantasy VII", and then the credits roll again and it keeps going on like that. What's the problem there, and what am I supposed to do to finally get the game running like it should?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have to set the pad in digital mode Final Fantasy VII is a digital only game , you can check that information in my page http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gladiator (psx datacenter) For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a different problem. For some reason PakkISO won't do its trick on the ff7 disc 1 folder. When I tried loading the image, there was no .bin file. Only the CUE was there.