View Poll Results: Are games made purely for Nostalgia

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 15.38%
  • NO

11 84.62%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is Your Most Nostalgic Video Game Music(VGM)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Similar thread available in the Music subforum...
    The problem is that the music I posted (Simon's Theme) is not nostalgic for me... first time I played SCIV was last year... not kidding. I just like the song A LOT.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ah, I'm always big on nostalgia trips. Let's see what I can dig up...ah, that's a fond one. For now, Final Fantasy Legend 2, playlisted, but here's some of my faves:
    The Legend Begins (Main theme)
    At the End of the Decisive Battle (Ah, Venus and Odin...those two battles...)
    Theme of the New God (...but *megaspoiler* Apollo, you were such a pain; take all our MAGI, so ridiculously overconfident that you just sit there bragging and tanking our best attacks for three or four turns before even deigning to counterattack, and that wasn't even the worst part...)
    Save the World (Final Boss Arsenal; evilevilevilevil)
    Ending Theme 1 (The way it integrates all of the previous themes was particularly lovely; it really shows how far your characters have come though the game)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

Legend of Zelda music always is pretty cool.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have been off this thread for too long.
    Found a oldie that I love, for realz.

Samus Is always a Fav, just because she's a badass

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

This is a hard one, as there are a great deal of games with music I'm particularly fond of, mostly RPGs. In particular, the second battle theme from Breath of Fire 1, the game over theme from Breath of Fire 3, the sinistral battle theme from Lufia 2... I could go on and on.

As for non-rpg related music I suppose Megaman X1 in particular had some of the most memorable music for me, definitely the best soundtrack of the whole series IMO.

On a sidenote, I don't understand what the poll is asking. Are games nowadays meant to have a nostalgic factor? I guess it would come down to how the player feels about the various aspects of the game, including the story, music, specific characters, etc. With this being purely subjective I would find it hard to take this question seriously.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 12th-June-2012 at 05:22.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle Stage 1

This song is going to be playing at my funeral, no joke.