Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFVIII "jumpy" graphics issue

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DCPower View Post
    I gave it a shot, but still the same issue. I previously had auto-detect since my graphics card has 1G of ram and he option only goes up to 512MB, I was ready t kick myself for not trying to change that setting earlier, but alas. I noticed in the other thread you mentioned "at interlancing change to blend tff or blend bff." However, I can't find this option anywhere.
    Did you also set the render mode like in the quote?

Actually that wasn't me, and I think it may be a PCSX2 setting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Did you also set the render mode like in the quote?

Actually that wasn't me, and I think it may be a PCSX2 setting
    Whoops, I'm not sure why I assumed it was the same person! And yes, I set the render mode like you said, but still the same thing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Whoops, I'm not sure why I assumed it was the same person! And yes, I set the render mode like you said, but still the same thing.
    Are you using save states? Just checking since if you are it wouldn't matter what you changed, it'd cause the same issue to occur upon loading

Thanks

Are you using save states? Just checking since if you are it wouldn't matter what you changed, it'd cause the same issue to occur upon loading
    Cough* Oh really? (looks around sheepishly). I'll have to try some of the fixes again. Would it matter if I loaded from a save spot (as opposed to a save state), or do I have to watch the opening movie each time? (awesome as it may be)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cough* Oh really? (looks around sheepishly). I'll have to try some of the fixes again. Would it matter if I loaded from a save spot (as opposed to a save state), or do I have to watch the opening movie each time? (awesome as it may be)
    Yeah, you can load the state, make an in-game save and just use that in-game save with no worries The save state saves the state of the emulator (as the name implies), so any issues that are caused by the state it's in will always be present upon loading it

I didn't ask earlier because you said it was doing it with other games, and I figured you didn't have a state for those.

Thanks

Yeah, you can load the state, make an in-game save and just use that in-game save with no worries The save state saves the state of the emulator (as the name implies), so any issues that are caused by the state it's in will always be present upon loading it

I didn't ask earlier because you said it was doing it with other games, and I figured you didn't have a state for those.
    Well, I tried it without using the saved state, but still the same issue. Also I realized that the characters when they stand still definitely don't look right, their features are distorted depending on their position. Can anyone recommend a good "screen recorder" so I could just record it and upload it to youtube so I can just show the issue I'm having?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, I tried it without using the saved state, but still the same issue. Also I realized that the characters when they stand still definitely don't look right, their features are distorted depending on their position. Can anyone recommend a good "screen recorder" so I could just record it and upload it to youtube so I can just show the issue I'm having?
    Looks like the peops GPU plugin can record (though I read it can slow the game down quite a bit), otherwise you could try Fraps