Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kid Shot For Being Black

Thanks
    EP Points

I saw on CNN, that people are protesting all over and today people went to church wearing hoodies to remember him. They are going after the guy who shot him. It saddens me to think that an innocent kid can be shot because of their skin color. I know that things like this happen all the time but honestly it shouldn't happen at all. I hope this guy goes away for a long time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Lol, I was going to make this topic, but people would have bitched at me, so I didn't.
    Yeah man, when I thought about making this thread quite a bit after this was a story I was thinking you would have made the thread. I looked for it and was ready to just post in there but was surprised to see you hadn't.

Thanks

my little brothers doing a school report on racism right now. should tell him about this.

Thanks
    EP Points

There has been an "unexpected leak" within the case. A Florida cop leaked that Trayvon was suspended from school because they found pot residue in his backpack. The Florida police are looking into how this information got leaked, since it wasn't suppose to be made public.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it was leaked to make him look like a criminal or a bad kid. I also think that the guy that shot him will try to get away with this, and he shouldn't. I'm worried that there will be a riot if he isn't arrested soon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because pot is evil. Lol.

Thanks

Because pot is evil. Lol.
    No, but it damages his image a little.

Let your cosmo burn bright!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I like how the media portrays this.

They only look at half, or 1 side of the story...you know for ratings

They want to make everything seem like its a racism deal. If it was another race against a white person, or 2 of the same race, you wouldn't hear about it.

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/201...w-report-says/

There is 2 sides to every story, people need to look at it that way.

How come nobody is mentioning how the kids mother is using his name as a cash cow? Shouldn't she be worried about funeral arrangements and mourning the loss of her son? Shouldn't she focus on her family, and making sure they are doing ok? No she wants to make a legal battle over his name, for slogans.

That makes me fucking sick.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalGamer; 28th-March-2012 at 07:32.

Thanks

Y'know, when the guy is on tape saying "this time the coon won't get away with it", you can pretty much assume that race is involved.

edit: Fuck it, even if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Trayvon would still be in the right. Zimmerman followed him in his car, then got out and chased him down based on nothing more than him being a black teenager. Thumping someone for trying that is, in fact, self-defense. As opposed to shooting a guy when he calls you on your bullshit.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 28th-March-2012 at 11:25.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    Y'know, when the guy is on tape saying "this time the coon won't get away with it", you can pretty much assume that race is involved.

edit: Fuck it, even if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Trayvon would still be in the right. Zimmerman followed him in his car, then got out and chased him down based on nothing more than him being a black teenager. Thumping someone for trying that is, in fact, self-defense. As opposed to shooting a guy when he calls you on your bullshit.
    Self defense has some very specific measures you must hit. In Florida, you don't have to retreat because of the Stand Your Ground Law, but Trayvon would not be found to have used self defense it seems because allegedly he initiated the incident. You do not have the right to fight or try to kill someone because they are following you. That is not self defense. I'm not sure if we will ever know what happened, but Zimmerman's side of the story seems believable due to the injuries he sustained.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa01 View Post
    No, but it damages his image a little.
    I'm not a user but I do think people should have the choice. This is really a topic for another thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by arp
    If it was another race against a white person, or 2 of the same race, you wouldn't hear about it.
    OMG REVERSE RACISM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Like I said in my first post, people need to look into both stories on this. Its fucked up, and its fucked up how the media twists shit. I been listening in on this whole deal, but I haven't posted anything until now, because the media pisses me off, and it has done this on other things as well

I still want to know what people think of the kid's mother, and how she is trying to make his name a slogan, and have it become a cash cow.

If Zimmerman did do this, and the Martin kid didn't do anything wrong, then Zimmerman should be locked up, for the rest of his life.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Daily Show had a whole episode dedicated to this topic:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...aquille-o-neal

Thanks

Surveillance video of the police dealing with Zimmerman was leaked.

Surprisingly enough, no sign of blood or injuries on the guy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    I'm worried that there will be a riot if he isn't arrested soon.
    I haven't seen a good showing of cops beating people in a while, so let's hope there's a riot!