Thread: Final Fantasy VII sound/audio problems

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy VII sound/audio problems

First off, hey there

Now I know this is a bit of a known issue as I've had a quick search across the internet for various fixes using google. However, the answers I found were either vague or there wasn't any links for differnet plugins I could use.

Now to explain the problem.. The sound issues only happen during battle and IF I leave the game sat on the in-game menu. It doesn't happen every battle, and is bareable but it would be nice to fix it as best as I can.

I don't think it's my computer that is a problem, it's powerful enough with a good graphics card.

My current emulator setup is;

- ePSXe
    - video plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    - sound plugin: ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0

I've tried configuring the sound plugin but it won't let me.

Thanks for any help

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What are the sound issues, exactly? Also, what happens when you try to configure the sound plugin? Do you get an error message or..?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    What are the sound issues, exactly? Also, what happens when you try to configure the sound plugin? Do you get an error message or..?
    The sound issues were crackling which also seemed to slow down the gameplay slightly. When I tried to configure the sound plugin it said something like "no need for modification", perhaps something to do with it being the default one?

I've managed to fix it myself by downloading the spu eternal 1.41 sound plugin. I just played ff7 with no sound problems what so ever

Thanks for your speedy reply by the way!

So if anyone has similar issues like mine... Downlaod the spu eternal 1.41 plugin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TJBaldy View Post
    The sound issues were crackling which also seemed to slow down the gameplay slightly. When I tried to configure the sound plugin it said something like "no need for modification", perhaps something to do with it being the default one?

I've managed to fix it myself by downloading the spu eternal 1.41 sound plugin. I just played ff7 with no sound problems what so ever

Thanks for your speedy reply by the way!

So if anyone has similar issues like mine... Downlaod the spu eternal 1.41 plugin
    Possible. Never saw that message before, but then I always used the Eternal SPU plugin

Glad you got it working. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask