Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ePSXe Changing disk headache

Thanks

Talking ePSXe Changing disk headache

Hello guys

I use to play ePSXe a while back and now I am back playing it once again on the 1.7 version however I have reached a stumbling block. Currently playing Driver 2 and enjoying it but as you all know, you have to switch CDs from CD1 to CD2 once you reach Las Vegas. Now I am not a newbie on this and I know several other techniques to change disks however I just can't seem to get lucky enough with either of them.

Firstly, I know there was a way to change disks by reverting back to an older version of ePSXe such as 1.6 so I tried this. It actually completes the CD change and plays the video of Las Vegas however once you are on the loading page it just hangs and never moves. I wasn't able to do it with this way unless I am doing something wrong of course.

Secondly, I have tried using image burning software such as Alcohol 52 and Daemon Tools to try and mount CD1 and then mount CD2 but this has been a very cruel experiment on my part as I am getting different results but all of them fail to load CD2.

My CD 1 has a ccd file and and img file while my CD 2 has a bin and cue file so am not really sure if these two can go together or not.

The frustrating thing so far has been getting different results. For example on Daemon Tools I cannot burn img file its not recognisable but I did it once somehow but when I click run cdrom on ePSXe it just shows a black screen. On Alcohol 52, I was able to mount both CDs cleanly and CD1 ran perfectly however when I change CDs by un-mounting and mounting CD2, the CD2 comes up with a black screen and showing nothing. Also sometimes when I change to CD2 they say insert a cdrom and hit the OK button. I have been frustrated with this for a few days now so that is the reason I have chosen to post here and See if you guys can help me or not so what am I doing wrong?

If you need any other information on how am doing this please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you use the internal epsxe plugin the change disk wont't work even mounting with daemon use peops o sapu cdrom as your cdrom plugin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    If you use the internal epsxe plugin the change disk wont't work even mounting with daemon use peops o sapu cdrom as your cdrom plugin
    Which Poep one? There are many with different versions and numbers. Can you give me a direct link to download it or specify the exact version?

THanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    As I mentioned in my first post, I have tried both of those routes to getting it to work without any luck.

I downloaded Peops CDR Driver 1.4 but when I select it in the configuration and try to start the game, ePSXe emulater crashes.

Is there another cdrom plugin that I should have?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sapu cd rom plugin version 1.3 is other cd rom plugin

Thanks

Sapu cd rom plugin version 1.3 is other cd rom plugin
    Downloaded that one but still it won't load. CD1 loads but when I mount and change to CD2 it tells me to insert new cdrom and hit the ok button.

Very strange.....

Thanks
    EP Points

Try converting your cd2 .bin into an image. I'm sure you can google and find a program to do it. Winiso and magiciso come to mind. It's the only thing I can think of up to this point that hasn't been tried..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Try converting your cd2 .bin into an image. I'm sure you can google and find a program to do it. Winiso and magiciso come to mind. It's the only thing I can think of up to this point that hasn't been tried..
    Thanks for the suggestion, however after converting CD2 into an image it still doesn't load. I get the same message saying insert a new cdrom and it goes back to ePSXe showing incorrect disk. Really frustrating, I don't know what else I could try

Thanks
    EP Points

Since they were different file formats, are they the same region/version of the game?

Don't really know at this point unless it was just a bad download.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Since they were different file formats, are they the same region/version of the game?

Don't really know at this point unless it was just a bad download.
    Pretty sure they are the same region (US), I downloaded it from the emuparadise PSX section a while back.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can check both cds in windows to see the inside content of each disc and please provide us the game disc serial.

Thanks

You can check both cds in windows to see the inside content of each disc and please provide us the game disc serial.
    CD1 - SLUS-01161

CD2 - SLUS-01318

Is this what your looking for?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes. For changing disc press the changing disc option and wait until windows recognize the new cd (you can check if is changed in "My pc") once is changed in windows select ok in epsxe and it will continue (anyway remember to use an external cdrom plugin not the epsxe one).

Thanks

Yes. For changing disc press the changing disc option and wait until windows recognize the new cd (you can check if is changed in "My pc") once is changed in windows select ok in epsxe and it will continue (anyway remember to use an external cdrom plugin not the epsxe one).
    Yeah, I usually wait until the disk content displays in my computer and also using the external but no luck.

Today I got CD2 loaded, and the video for the next CD showed up but when the loading screen appears and loads fully it hangs and never goes to the next mission. This is the last thing I reached.