Thread: pcsx2 controller help and advice

Thanks

Default pcsx2 controller help and advice

i just got my pscx2 9.7 to work! but im having problems with the controller configuration. i got it almost set up for the most part except for the analog motion. im not sure how. this is my current configuration

Triangle-----D
    Square-----S
    Circle-----X
    Cross-----Z
    Select----C
    Start---V
    L2----E
    L1-----W
    R2-----T
    R1----R
    and the D-Pad im using the Arrow Keys

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiFan7 View Post
    i just got my pscx2 9.7 to work! but im having problems with the controller configuration. i got it almost set up for the most part except for the analog motion. im not sure how. this is my current configuration

Triangle-----D
    Square-----S
    Circle-----X
    Cross-----Z
    Select----C
    Start---V
    L2----E
    L1-----W
    R2-----T
    R1----R
    and the D-Pad im using the Arrow Keys
    your going to struggle playing with analog sticks on your keyboard, its suggsted that you either use a ps3/360 controller or that you purchase a PC gaming controller, will make your life much easier, also the latest version of PCSX2 is 0.9.8 or you can try the SVN builds which are kinda "beta" versions which are updated every 5 minutes all have the compatabilty of the last stable release but have some tweaks here and there, they also have a speed hack which allows the progam to utilize more than 2 cors so if you have a tri or a quad-core then its best to get the latest SVN build
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Which PAD plugins did you use? There should be no problem for you to set the Analog buttons with Lilypad.

And like Bennieboi have said, its better to use the actual gaming controller rather than a keyboard.

Thanks

i have a ps3...how do i use my ps3 controller?

i have only lilypad

and i tried 9.8

coudln't get it to run....this is the only one i couild figure out...sorta...i downloaded Dark Cloud...it runs slower then christmas though

and i tried configuring it to play my actual ps2 games but it wouldn't work. i just said fuck it and i gave up....right before i puched my wall....stil hurts.

i downloaded a bunch of plugins and bios and stuff...but i think i went overboard...not quite sure what im doing or how this pcsx2 even works. im fixing to say fuck it on the whole thing and just suffer not playing my ps2 games ever again.....
    Last edited by ChibiFan7; 19th-March-2012 at 18:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

i have a ps3...how do i use my ps3 controller?

i have only lilypad

and i tried 9.8

coudln't get it to run....this is the only one i couild figure out...sorta...i downloaded Dark Cloud...it runs slower then christmas though

and i tried configuring it to play my actual ps2 games but it wouldn't work. i just said fuck it and i gave up....right before i puched my wall....stil hurts.
    not entireley sure if your ps3 controller can just run on lillypad out the box i assume you have a usb lead? if so then you can get a program called joy2key which will basically map your keyboard to your controller so you could put x on your controller but make it push z on your keyboard if that makes sense, if you cant get it configured then ill write a tut for you.

Also how comes you couldnt get 0.9.8 to run what was the problem?

and you need a special exploit to get it running on your actual ps2 if you dont have a mod chip installed i can install FMCB which will let you play burnt games on your PS2 if its too much headache to get pcsx2 running
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks

i don't even have a ps2 anymore

and im not sure what 9.8s problem was.....i could try it again....and put all the plugins and stuff from my 9.7,,,not sure if that will make it run any better.

Thanks
    EP Points

the plugins will be outdated on the 0.9.7 version just grab the .exe installer and it will install everything for you in a nice folder lol i uset he SVN builds personally though latest updated and just curious what are your specs?
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks

.exe installer?

my specs....lets see

i have 450 gb.....i think my computer is a Windows 8....not sure...id have to shut down to see. its brand is HP
    Last edited by ChibiFan7; 20th-March-2012 at 00:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

.exe installer?

my specs....lets see

i have 450 gb.....i think my computer is a Windows 8....not sure...id have to shut down to see. its brand is HP
    go to the startup/windows menu type in the search bar at the bottom DXdiag run it and tell us what it says or you can run it hit print screen open paint and hit paste go to select and crop the dx diag window and post the system and display tabs like so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	30356

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	30357

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

ok here you go here are my specs

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270u Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM

Thanks
    EP Points

ok here you go here are my specs

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270u Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    That is below the minimum requirement, plus Dark Cloud is a highly demanding game on PCSX2. You won't get the speed you hoped for, but try maxing out the Speedhack if you haven't.

and since you're using 64bit, follow this guide on how to set up your PS3 controller.
    Just use the actual plugins that comes with 0.9.8 installer, since it is more updated compared to the previous plugins.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

wow that is incredibly complicated! and there a chance of screwing my USB ports up if i don't follow it completly! ill just give up....im incredibly clumsy ill miss something and screw up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can buy a pc gamepad like logitech rumblepadthat is ismilar to ps3 gamepads and works perfect with pcsx2 and for versions use one of the latest betas lke svn 5129 since you have only a processor with two cores Dark Cloud is a game that run much better with the mtvu but is for 3 or more cores you can put the ee in 3 but i think the game don't support vu cycle stealing otr only the first one in the others you get the frames but the game play in slowmotion