Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which do you prefer? New or Old Music?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Which do you prefer? New or Old Music?

I don't listen to new music unless it really grabs my attention. I stopped listening to new music about 1996-97. I mainly listen to 80's and 90's music. I'm wondering if I'm missing out. I have listened to new music and frankly I don't care for it. I want to know if anyone else prefers retro music or new music. So,which do you think is better, retro or new music?

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a taboo against new music. No joke. Katy Perry, Justin Beaver, Rihanna, Lady Gaga; you name it, I hate them all. They're music stealer.
    So, I prefer old music a lot more. The Verve, Oasis, Nirvana, Weezer, Blur, Deep Purple, Tears for Fears, Sigur Ros, The Cranberries, R.E.M, Deep Purple, Incubus and my favourite of them all is Radiohead!
    Nothing beat their "old" music cause it will never get old. And many of their awesome music are being steal by damn artist of nowadays. :/

Thanks

it depends on what kinda mode im in...sometimes new sometimes old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    I have a taboo against new music. No joke. Katy Perry, Justin Beaver, Rihanna, Lady Gaga; you name it, I hate them all. They're music stealer.
    So, I prefer old music a lot more. The Verve, Oasis, Nirvana, Weezer, Blur, Deep Purple, Tears for Fears, Sigur Ros, The Cranberries, R.E.M, Deep Purple, Incubus and my favourite of them all is Radiohead!
    Nothing beat their "old" music cause it will never get old. And many of their awesome music are being steal by damn artist of nowadays. :/
    Wait. You're complaining about modern bands being music stealers and unoriginal, yet you choose The Verve as a favourite despite their biggest song being the result of copying another band?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't care about the release time or author, I listen to each song before deciding whether it's good or not. Generalizing is not my thing.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    Wait. You're complaining about modern bands being music stealers and unoriginal, yet you choose The Verve as a favourite despite their biggest song being the result of copying another band?
    This. Oasis weren't exactly innocent either, with Noel Gallagher basically admitting in many interviews that he unashamedly pasted together parts of his favourite songs at times. Oh, and large chunks of Radiohead's Creep, the song that launched them as a band, were lifts from The Air That I Breathe by The Hollies. So much so that they co-credited them as songwriters on it to avoid lawsuits.

Of course there's nothing inherently wrong with that, and I liked and like both bands. Still, it's more than a tad hypocritical to point the finger at modern music for being unoriginal whilst praising artists who have been known to... er... wear their influences on their sleeves, shall we say.

Thanks
    EP Points

At least they admit it. Unlike some of today artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    This. Oasis weren't exactly innocent either, with Noel Gallagher basically admitting in many interviews that he unashamedly pasted together parts of his favourite songs at times. Oh, and large chunks of Radiohead's Creep, the song that launched them as a band, were lifts from The Air That I Breathe by The Hollies. So much so that they co-credited them as songwriters on it to avoid lawsuits.
    IMHO, the chorus is what matter. Creep's chorus is totally original. -.-''
    Last edited by Muscab; 21st-March-2012 at 14:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I don't care about the release time or author, I listen to each song before deciding whether it's good or not. Generalizing is not my thing.
    This.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Saw this too, was going to comment on it but noticed you did. So uh, this. ^

Anyway, I honestly don't care when something came out. I listen to so much music from so many different genres and times. I'm somewhat of a music nut and I'll just randomly go on genre binges.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sigh, why peoples still cannot define the real music? I have to say that most of the Katy Perry's songs are total rip off from other music. That's why her songs sound pretty good. And most of The Verve's songs are original from 90s. The Verve "biggest" song called Bittersweet is probably a rip off but who care since it is suck. As long as their older song is better and original and of course better than Katy Perry's song, I prefer The Verve older songs. So some of you guys are proud to say that Katy Perry is better than The Verve? Now, please learn the meaning of a real music.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    The Verve "biggest" song called Bittersweet is probably a rip off but who care since it is suck. As long as their older song is better and original and of course better than Katy Perry's song, I prefer The Verve older songs.
    There you go sir, serve you well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    At least they admit it. Unlike some of today artists.

IMHO, the chorus is what matter. Creep's chorus is totally original. -.-''
    Justin beiber is too stupid to admit to stealing music lol

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    Justin beiber is too stupid to admit to stealing music lol
    Please don't talk about Justin Beaver, I hate him. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

I listen to a lot of old music. I might listen to some new music, but it is usually underground stuff. I have no interest in the new pop music. I've never heard a song from Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, etc. As my name implies, I listen to a lot of rock/metal music, some other genres, but as I said, I stay away from pop and these new artists today. I also agree with you Muscab, most older artists will say when they take a sample from someone elses music. Metallica has some good music, but they have kinda gone down the tube, selling out every chance they get. Even if it is my opinion, from what I've seen, Metallica seems to sell out a lot.

Thanks
    EP Points

I like a little bit of everything but lean more to 80's or alternative music.