Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble deciding what game you like the best?

spyderbyte Guest

Default Trouble deciding what game you like the best?

I know that it is hard to pick a Favorite game, because there is so many that you like. Well, I kinda invented a teqnique to make the trouble go away. Just get a piece of paper, and write down all the games you like. This will be called your "Favorite Games List". This means that all of these games on this list are the #1 game. I dont have a fav, I just have a list of games that rock!!

I litterally have Hundreds of games on my list!!

Thanks

Hmm intersting point of view. I like it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I DO have favorite games, but they only last for a little length of time before another one takes that position. Game I play most = Favorite game!

Thanks

Game I play most = favourite game.

Interesting perspective to say the least. I think that a favourite game(s) should simply be a favourite game(s) and should sit in its own class. But still, MasJ's post points out the artificiality of a favourite game category.

It's interesting how spyderbyte originally asked having trouble finding a favourite game? The name of the thread was "trouble deciding which game you like the best?" Then it changed to a favourite games list. I think that we all have lots of games on our favourite list - they can't all be #1 at the same time, can they?

chrono8921 Guest

I think most people's "favourite game" changes as new games come out. But my favourite will always be Chrono Trigger, no matter what

Thanks

I'd have to agree with you, chrono8921.

This favourite game stuff is an oversimplification, but if you are going to have one, stick with one (and not hundreds).

chrono8921 Guest

But some people can't help it as once a new game comes out, they seem to find it better then their previous "favourite game"

Thanks

Definitely. chrono8921, you probably had a favourite game before you played Chrono Trigger as well. New games set new standards and basically, if we see more, we have more to pick from.

chrono8921 Guest

Every single person would have a favourite game, as before I started playing Chrono Trigger, all I played were RTS games, and my favourite changed as I liked Chrono Trigger better than the RTS games, one reason was because it was the first RPG I ever played and completed.

Shadow X Guest

Sometimes people can't help it. Like when the nes first came out, super mario bros. 3 was my all time favorite game. But as years passed and more and more systems came out, eventually i moved on passed SMB3. Anyway my favorite game would be a game i couldn't complete, but since there has yet been a game that i couldn't complete, I have no Favorite game. But that's just my opinion

Thanks

LOL. That definition cancels itself.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, what I meant was that I don't play CT anymore, but it is my all time favorite game. By far the game I had the most fun playing ever!! And I love every bit of that game..
    What I meant was in response for Spyder's encouragement in making a list, I don't have a list, the game I play at the moment is generally my favorite game for the moment, I play so many games I forget about the previous one pretty soon.
    CT was the only game that impacted me so much that I keep going back to it.

Heero Yuy Guest

no matter what the world will be , here are my 'fixed' lists of PSX games.

My Top 10 RPG games (the higher positions mean the better)
    1)Xenogears . XENOGEARS rulezzzzzz forever i think (i beat this game 4 times , one for japnese version and the rest for English version)
    2)Chrono Trigger (I love this one so much since SNES platform.I beat this game 2 times)
    3)Chrono Cross (not as good as its first version above)
    4)Final Fantasy 7 (the best FF version.But i couldnt finish this game because my last disc was scratched)
    5)Parasite Eve .Wow Aya Brea is one of my fav beloved female character (i beat this game 2 times)
    6)Parasite Eve 2 (action-rpg game style) . Aya is even hotter
    7)Valkyrie Profiles (this one was developed by Enix - good battle engine)
    8)Final Fantasy 8 (not as good as FF7 but Rinoa is coOL)
    9)Alundra (adventure-RPG game by Konami)
    10)Wild Arms 2 (graphic is not good but the game-play is ok)

hah many of them come from SquareSoft

My top 6 RPG-Turnbased Strategy games
    1)Super Robot Wars series (developed by Banpresto.All of them was japanese version)
    2)Front Mission 3 (english version is available.This one comes from Square)
    3)Front Mission 2 (japanese version)
    4)SD Gundam Generation series (by Bandai)
    5)The Langrisser
    6)Final Fantasy Tatics (haven't finished yet)

My Top 1 Adventure games
    1)Caslte Vania - Symphony Of The Night (i loved this game so much.I also loved its series from NES,SNES,GBA)
    sorry i don't know much about this game style

My top 10 Action games .All of them are horror games from Capcom(3rd camera position)
    1)Resident Evil 2 (I love Claire and Leon)
    2)Resident Evil 1 (the graphic is not good but the story is ok)
    3)Resident Evil 3 .( Jill is one of my fav fem char)
    4)Dino Crisis 2 (fight with dinosaurs)
    5)Dino Crisis
    6)Silent Hill (havent finished it yet but the game was so good)
    7)Alone In The Dark 4
    8)Vampire Countdown (just looks like Resident Evil series)
    9)Resident Evil - Gun Survivor (the game-play is not good at all with 1st person camera)
    10)Fear Effect 2 (not very good)

My Top 3 Fighting games
    1)Sould Edge
    2)Bloody Roar 2
    3)Bloody Roar 1

that is all
    how about yours ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Heero, if you like Aya Brea and are madly in love with her, like me, then you should get a wallpaper of her from http://digitalo.emuparadise.org
    Thats what my current wallpaper is set to
    Get the Parasite Eve Wall.

Krutko Guest

I have favorite games for different consoles and computers, And they are the ones I grew up playing.

NES: Double Dragon #1, Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    SNES: Zelda III: Link to the Past, Chronno Trigger
    N64:Zelda:Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
    PSX: All Resident Evil's except Gun Survivor and FFVII
    GameCube: Resident Evil
    PS2: FF games and MGS2
    PC:Original Diablo