Thread: PCSX2 - Sounds 100% speed but video is not.

Thanks

Default PCSX2 - Sounds 100% speed but video is not.

Hi everybody,
    as the topic already says, I have a problem with two games (same series).
    The sound works at 100 % speed but the video is really slow. So of course it's really troublesome to play.
    Actually it's a novel-game (the one with a lot of talking) so it should work fine, since all other novel-games (how are they called anyway?) do work perfectly.
    To be more specific, I'm having this problem with these games:

Mahou Sensei Negima! 1-Jikanme ~Okochama Sensei wa Mahoutsukai!~
    and
    Mahou Sensei Negima! 2-Jikanme ~Tatakau Otometachi! Mahora Daiundokai SP~

BTW, I'm using the pcsx2-r4600 with the following settings:
    Spoiler warning:

Name:  2uehe09.png
Views: 389
Size:  11.3 KB
    Last edited by Tyraxx; 13th-March-2012 at 23:10.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try with 4891 beta (http://www.emucr.com/2011/08/pcsx2-svn-r4894.html) and the spu 2.x in async or the latest ones r5100s betas (you can download the lates here )http://pcsx2.net/svn.php and use the mtvu hack if you can

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraxx View Post
    Hi everybody,
    as the topic already says, I have a problem with two games (same series).
    The sound works at 100 % speed but the video is really slow. So of course it's really troublesome to play.
    Actually it's a novel-game (the one with a lot of talking) so it should work fine, since all other novel-games (how are they called anyway?) do work perfectly.
    To be more specific, I'm having this problem with these games:

Mahou Sensei Negima! 1-Jikanme ~Okochama Sensei wa Mahoutsukai!~
    and
    Mahou Sensei Negima! 2-Jikanme ~Tatakau Otometachi! Mahora Daiundokai SP~

BTW, I'm using the pcsx2-r4600 with the following settings:
    Spoiler warning:

Name:  2uehe09.png
Views: 389
Size:  11.3 KB
    Post the console logs here, as well your plugins configuration.

Your specs is likely the problem here, and did you use any speedhacks or make any changes to the emulation settings?

Thanks

OK, here's my log:
    Spoiler warning:
    PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600 - compiled on Apr 27 2011
    Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System = Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (build 6000), 32-bit
    Physical RAM = 2813 MB
    CPU name = AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-64
    Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 01)
    CPU speed = 2.099 ghz (2 logical threads)
    x86PType = Standard OEM
    x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
    x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
    MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding GS : C:\[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll
    Windows 6.0.6000
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G (8.15.11.8644)
    Binding PAD : C:\[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
    Binding SPU2 : C:\[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
    Binding CDVD : C:[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
    Binding USB : C:\[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\USBnull.dll
    Binding FW : C:\[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\FWnull.dll
    Binding DEV9 : C:\[...]\PS2\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
    Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 430ms)

Plugin Configuration:
    GS:
    Spoiler warning:

SPU2:
    Spoiler warning:

I think other pluginconfiguration aren't needed.

According to the sppedhack questions:
    Yes, I use speedhacks, but it is just because I tried to get rid of the slowness, anyway doesn't make a difference whether I have the speedhack(s) active or not.
    Also I deactivated the FPS Limiter

@gladiator
    I tried it with the newest files, but it doesn't seems to matter.
    Last edited by Tyraxx; 14th-March-2012 at 18:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

On your GSdx, tick the Native box which next to Original PS2 resolution, since it's not recommended to use custom resolution/scaling due to your low GPU and CPU.
    Set the EE Cyclerate on Speedhacks to 3, and rest to default(don't change the VU's value, it will only give you false fps).

and if that doesn't give you any changes, download the latest SVN, then enable the MTVU hack under the Speedhack, with the previous settings applied. Try using the Preset option as well.

Not much you can do here with your current specs, as the game itself seems to be a bit demanding, even for a visual novel game.

Thanks

Hmm, I downloaded the newest file "Revision 5128", but I don't know what to do then. How am I able to activate MTVU hack? Or is it possible that this file doesn't have it?

EDIT: Sorry, found it already, but I need to use the other emulator now, which I have downloaded in the file "Revision 5128", so I had to set the plugins to the same of my prev emulator.

Well, it still doesn't work, which means I won't be able to play it?
    When deactivate the FPS Limiter via F4, then it works good, but the sound is just super-speed up (bad for voices). Is there a way to slowdown the soundspeed?
    Not much you can do here with your current specs, as the game itself seems to be a bit demanding, even for a visual novel game.
    But also before the title, when "KONAMI" and all the stuff comes, it's already that slow, for usual this stuff works with 100% speed.
    Last edited by Tyraxx; 15th-March-2012 at 10:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you don't read my previous post the mtvu hack start in revision 4891 so i tell you to download the first compile revision and give you the link anyway all the svn after that have this have open the emulator in config emulation settings speedhacks at the rbotton right is the mtvu hack and for the sound do you use asynch mode in the spu is the better way to sync the audio in most of the games or try to run the game in software there are games that are more fast in software mode
    Last edited by gladiator (psx datacenter); 15th-March-2012 at 10:48.

Thanks

Yes, I already said in my EDIT that I have found it.
    OK, I async the audio now, so I'm able to play it with the FPS limiter deactivated, thank you.
    Though it's still not perfect, at least it's playable now.
    Last edited by Tyraxx; 15th-March-2012 at 21:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraxx View Post
    Hmm, I downloaded the newest file "Revision 5128", but I don't know what to do then. How am I able to activate MTVU hack? Or is it possible that this file doesn't have it?

EDIT: Sorry, found it already, but I need to use the other emulator now, which I have downloaded in the file "Revision 5128", so I had to set the plugins to the same of my prev emulator.

Well, it still doesn't work, which means I won't be able to play it?
    When deactivate the FPS Limiter via F4, then it works good, but the sound is just super-speed up (bad for voices). Is there a way to slowdown the soundspeed?

But also before the title, when "KONAMI" and all the stuff comes, it's already that slow, for usual this stuff works with 100% speed.
    Just use the settings I posted earlier, your GPU and CPU won't be able to handle the native/higher resolution, except for the original native.

Don't use F4 unless you have sufficient CPU, your best choice is to use Speedhacks, and the Turbo option(TAB button) to boost the game speed a bit at least without much issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    If you don't read my previous post the mtvu hack start in revision 4891 so i tell you to download the first compile revision and give you the link anyway all the svn after that have this have open the emulator in config emulation settings speedhacks at the rbotton right is the mtvu hack and for the sound do you use asynch mode in the spu is the better way to sync the audio in most of the games or try to run the game in software there are games that are more fast in software mode
    Software mode recommended for those who have good and strong GPU, it is not recommended to use with his/her current GPU now, that will only lead to slowdown while playing. Except if you're having graphic/emulation problems. etc.

Also, I'm sure MTVU hacks first implemented in r4865, and few optimization has been made after that, so its better to use the recent SVN than the previous ones.
    Last edited by meganova; 16th-March-2012 at 00:16.