Thread: Running psx games on psp

Thanks

Default Running psx games on psp

Hi i have psp 3001 (3g) running 6.20 pro-b9 perma-patched and it is running properly, i have managed to get it to play n64 and snes games without too much hassle (it actually plays n64 games better than snes). However when it comes to psx games I have done the run around trying to get them to work without coming out with a single thing to show for it.

I formatted the mem stick under this cfw and have been putting the iso's in the correct folder.

The USB device is set to mem stick and i have tried all 3 UMD ISO modes but nothing ever shows up in the ISO video mount.

I have also tried putting the iso's into an ISO folder in the game folder but it shows up as corrupt data.

These are not corrupt files as they play on ePSXe just fine.

I read that i didn't need a psx emulator with this cfw so i haven't bothered downloading one so i guess that will be my next route.

If theres any information you could give that could help me it would be greatly appreciated i cant imagine putting this much time into modifying my psp and not being able to use it to its full potential.

I have also tried using the psp iso compressor but my psp still would not recognize the files.

I cant currently think of any more information i could give you to help but if you need to know more ask and ill try to figure it out

Also do you run psp iso's the same way? i don't have any yet but I intend on trying to get them to work
    Last edited by turklaker; 13th-March-2012 at 14:56. Reason: remembered more information, spaced out to make easier to read

Thanks

So are you trying to run PSX games on PSP?
    To do that, you will have to convert the original PSX files into a format that is compatible with PSP.
    If you want to convert your PSX files, use IceTea v1.3 to convert all your single-disc games for your PSP.

Here are some basic steps:
    1. Download IceTea v1.3 here: IceTea v1.3, and then extract to your desktop.
    2. Open IceTea and locate your PSX games; choose any game of your choice.
    3. Choose your level of compression (Max recommended) and the title of the game (doesn't really have to change); leave the game ID alone, unless if the ID has to be changed.
    4. Select the output directory (where the converted game will be) of your choosing; it is recommended to make a new folder for the output directory.
    5. Click "Let's Go" and let the program do its magic.
    6. After the game is fully converted click Ok and locate the folder where the PSX game was converted.
    7. Copy that folder (it should only contain the EBOOT file that was created from IceTea) to the GAME folder of your PSP.

-If done correctly, the now converted PSX game should show up under "Games" in your PSP.
    -Note that some games might require the popsloader.prx plugin to work correctly or else freezing/crashing might occur
    -In some cases games might require ID changes so that they will be readable by the PSP
    -All converted PSX games go to the GAME folder, not the ISO folder (that is only for PSP games).

Hope that helps.
    How's it feel being beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

IceTea is outdated ("Last Update: 2009"). It still works for some, but there we have a guide for what (as far as I know ) is the latest program. You can downlaod it Here.
    Also, you might want to update your CFW, PRO has been updated to B-10 Fix-1.

Anyways, the most imprtant thing for playing PSX games on CFW is installing POPSLoader (POPS is essentially the PSP's internal PlayStation emulator, and POPSLaoder allows you to use different versions of it). There is a great guide Here .
    Last edited by Alakazander; 14th-March-2012 at 00:28.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice job on reminding me about PSX2PSP (had forgotten about it).
    Also, if people have have difficulty in determining which POPS version to use they can use the following list here: PSX to PSP Compatibility List

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tacoguy123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by turklaker View Post
    Hi i have psp 3001 (3g) psp running 6.20 pro-b9 perma-patched and it is running properly, i have managed to get it to play n64 and snes games without too much hassle (it actually plays n64 games better than snes). However when it comes to psx games I have done the run around trying to get them to work without coming out with a single thing to show for it.

I formatted the mem stick under this cfw and have been putting the iso's in the correct folder.

The USB device is set to mem stick and i have tried all 3 UMD ISO modes but nothing ever shows up in the ISO video mount.

I have also tried putting the iso's into an ISO folder in the game folder but it shows up as corrupt data.

These are not corrupt files as they play on ePSXe just fine.

I read that i didn't need a psx emulator with this cfw so i haven't bothered downloading one so i guess that will be my next route.

If theres any information you could give that could help me it would be greatly appreciated i cant imagine putting this much time into modifying my psp and not being able to use it to its full potential.

I have also tried using the psp iso compressor but my psp still would not recognize the files.

I cant currently think of any more information i could give you to help but if you need to know more ask and ill try to figure it out

Also do you run psp iso's the same way? i don't have any yet but I intend on trying to get them to work
    Are you sure you already have converted the PSX image file into EBOOT file? and placed it on the right folder in your memory stick? (PSP/GAME/*eboot folder name*)
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...pport-for-6-60

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I didn't convert it to a e boot file because all the other forums I was reading were saying make them an iso, and that you don't need a psx emulator. Also does b10 have a perma patch?

It's really easy to get confused with all the information out there on psp mods, and most of it being outdated.

But next step is convert to e boot and get an emulator. Also ill look more into b10

thanks for the help ill keep ya posted how it goes

I am now playing final fantasy 9 on my psp and it looks great! thanks guys
    Last edited by meganova; 13th-March-2012 at 21:03. Reason: double posts merge

Thanks

PRO-B10 does have a perma-patch, but it is only for pre TA-088v3 systems (Phat and early Slim PSPs). Any PSPs made after that model, including the PSP 3000, and GO, won't be able to use the perma-patch feature. The only time a perma-patch is really needed is for those who fully power off their PSPs (not sleep mode). Other than that, there isn't really any other reason to get a perma-patch, as PRO-B10 has the "Fast Recovery" application that will install the CFW again in a few seconds.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoguy123 View Post
    PRO-B10 does have a perma-patch, but it is only for pre TA-088v3 systems (Phat and early Slim PSPs). Any PSPs made after that model, including the PSP 3000, and GO, won't be able to use the perma-patch feature. The only time a perma-patch is really needed is for those who fully power off their PSPs (not sleep mode). Other than that, there isn't really any other reason to get a perma-patch, as PRO-B10 has the "Fast Recovery" application that will install the CFW again in a few seconds.
    PRO comes with "Permanent Patch", that can be installed on any PSP models, but need to be on 6.20 firmware.
    and the "CIPL Flasher", which can ONLY be installed on Phat and early 2000 with 6.39/6.60 firmware.