Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSX Emulator

Thanks

Default PSX Emulator

Hey everyone im new here...to be honest im actually new to Emulator all together...i discovered it today, and i've been having loads of fun downloading stuff. i started an account on here to ask a question. i downloaded a emulator for Playstation 1. when i went to save it said save failed...what can i do?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Considering the information you provided is minimal, I will guess that you installed the emulator into a protected Folder, like c:/ or c:/windows. If that is the case, try reinstalling the emulator in a different area like your Documents folder.

Also, don't use Savestates. They work fine on simpler emulators like those for NES, SNES, Genesis... but when you get into PSX emulation, use the in-game save function.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

First off: Welcome to the Forums

Concerning your problem, the first thing you will want to do is read through This thread (one of the threads that is pinned at the top of this section).
    Also, check to see if the game is Compatible with your emulator.

Like that thread says, we definitely need to know the name of the emulator and which version of the emulator, and we also may need to know what game you are playing and the region (NTSC-U NTSC-J, or PAL-E) of that game.

For this specific problem we need to how you saved:
    Did you save in-game (reaching a save point/opening the start menu and saving to the memory card (this is called a 'memory card/memcard/card' save), or did you save using the program (using the emulator menu, you selected either "Quick save"/"Save State" (this is called creating a save state/sstate)?

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Considering the information you provided is minimal, I will guess that you installed the emulator into a protected Folder, like c:/ or c:/windows. If that is the case, try reinstalling the emulator in a different area like your Documents folder.
    Yeah, something is probably keeping the emulator from creating the save file (I assumed the only thing that would keep the emulator from creating the file would be an antivirus program opening the emulator in a sandbox, or you opening it with a different account than the one you installed it on. Didn't even think about a protected directory).

Word wall that probably has nothing to do with your problem:
    Spoiler warning:
    Also, in the folder that has the emulator program, by default there should be a folder named something like "memcards" (if you are using ePSXe) or "cards" (if you are using pSX, (also called PSX, and psxfin). What is in that folder?
    If I remember correctly, ePSXe should create epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr (<--- These are the files that used by the emulator to simulate a memory card save) either the first time you launch the program or the first time you run a game.
    I don't remember exactly what pSX 1.13 does, but don't think it creates card files at all. If you are using pSX, you can have ePSXe create the memory card files (.mcr), and then either configure pSX to look for the memory cards (File --> Configuration ---> Memory Cards) in the ePSXe "memcards" folder, or simply copy and paste them to the pSX "cards" folder. Or someone can post their card files here, and you can download them .

Hopefully I did not make that sound more complicated than it actually is.
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 12th-March-2012 at 07:22.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

the program i used is Pcsx Reloaded[1.9.92] i think....its one of the emulators from the old emulators....its the only one i've been able to get to work. almost every other emulator has been giving me .dll errors.

i was playing Parasite Eve. it dosent have a region by its name it just says Parasite eve. and i saved in game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

epsxe v170 was released without one important dll, you can download the proper version from the downloads page of the PSX Datacenter (of course you will have to add the bios).

In the Datacenter you can also find the configuration for Parasite Eve and an emulation configuration for the most used PS1 emulators.

http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony%20Pla...ARTER_PACK/216 contains the bios and the plugins needed
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

thank you very much guys!!!! you have been very helpful! i look foward to being on this form

like i said im still new to emulators. i have been having a LOT!!!!!!!!!! of fun reliving my childhood playing games i used to play as a child. nintendo, super nintendo, Nintendo 64. its been real fun!! also playing games i've never ever played that i always wanted to like original Final fantasy games. its super FUN!!

the only thing that mad me mad was the download of G-Darius i got....it wouldn't work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiFan7 View Post
    thank you very much guys!!!! you have been very helpful! i look foward to being on this form

like i said im still new to emulators. i have been having a LOT!!!!!!!!!! of fun reliving my childhood playing games i used to play as a child. nintendo, super nintendo, Nintendo 64. its been real fun!! also playing games i've never ever played that i always wanted to like original Final fantasy games. its super FUN!!

the only thing that mad me mad was the download of G-Darius i got....it wouldn't work.
    do you still have the file? if so what platform was it for and what was the file extension?
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks

uhh no not any more but heres the link http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...ISOs/G-Darius_[NTSC-U]/36945

when i tried downloaded it, the game wasn't in BIN format it was in some other format...not sure what though...all i know is i tried turing into a BIN format and then tried to play it and then it said file incomplete....or something like that..not sure i just deleted it and forgot about it..so im trying a different source....Torrent...im going to see if it works.

Thanks

CCD format...i think that was the format.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

G-Darius is a two track game if the download is in the format ccd+img+sub+cue run it using the cue if only the ccd use that to run in emulator

Thanks

what if its in ECM format?

Thanks
    EP Points

what if its in ECM format?
    sorted this problem out via PM
    *Computer Specs*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes Sir! thank you very much

now only if PS2 games where easier to download.....LOL

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes Sir! thank you very much

now only if PS2 games where easier to download.....LOL
    you can use a program called Jdownloader to download all of the links at one time it also auto extracts giving you the .iso needed to play.

on some sites you will have to type in the captcha's though.

here's a video on how to use It.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.