Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: simpsons arcade roms?

andrew Guest

Default simpsons arcade roms?

where can i find simpson arcade roms and what emulator should i use to play them.

JadeSaber Guest

You mean the four player version that is much like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have that one and if it isn't TOO big, I might be able to email it to you. It runs great on MAME32.
    If nothing else, search MAME Rom sites. You may find it.

Thanks
    EP Points

You should be looking for the 2-player version. On the 4-player version you can't select who you want to play as, but on the 2-player one you can.

andrew Guest

could you email it to me.

[email protected]

thanks!

JadeSaber Guest

Originally posted by Cosmic3K
    You should be looking for the 2-player version. On the 4-player version you can't select who you want to play as, but on the 2-player one you can.
    I disagree!! I play it on MAME and the character select is as simple as just putting a credit in the character you want! I never had any problem with that.

Here is a screenshot I took where I got all 4 characters on the screen at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

andrew Guest

Jabesaber, that's the one i am looking for... The exact one.

I think...

isn't that the one where marge has a vacuum as a weapon, Bart is on a skateboard...etc.?

JadeSaber Guest

Yup. And if I can, I will be sending it to you in just a minute. Keep checking your mail. If I have any trouble, I will post back here.

andrew Guest

Thanx Alot JS!

okay, so, how would i run i t with MAME?

do i select the game in the MAME list and wait for it to load? or do i need to put it in a certain folder?

JadeSaber Guest

It is uploading now. And it is pretty big. It will take maybe 10 minutes on my lousy connection, but it's on its way.
    AOL may suck but I like having it because you can send pretty big files in email.
    Plus it's free to me because someone lets me use their account. My real server I pay for is Earthlink.

JadeSaber Guest

Inside the MAME folder, there is a ROM folder. Put it there. Do not unzip it.
    When you start up MAME, click the AVAILABLE icon at the top left and maybe refresh the game list.
    If you can't figure it out, let me know. I will be glad to help.

andrew Guest

Uh Oh!

JS, um... In my yahoo account, I only have 4.0 MB of space!

Will you be able to send it still?

JadeSaber Guest

It should be ok. It is only 2,461 KB. AOL used to let me send up to 5 or 10 MB. I haven't tried it in a while, though.

JadeSaber Guest

It's finished on my end. Check your mail now for Simpsons Arcade.

andrew Guest

Hey, JS, do you like plaing Snes roms.

I would be more than happy to send you roms (since you were nice enough to get me a rom).

I have a BUNCH of snes roms. Somewhere around 140 - 160.

I've spent alot of time downloading them and burning them on to cd's. ( That's how I take them off my computer to avoid any illegal issue's while still keeping the rom...Heh..Heh!).

Just list a rom you'd like and i'll send it to you. If i don't have it, i'll help search for it.

-Just trying to be freindly...and return a favor

JadeSaber Guest

That's a very cool thing for you to do, but I already have over 180 myself. Maybe I have one you are looking for? But I can't think of any right now that I would like to get. Thanks anyway. But if you can find an uncorrupted Gyruss for the old NES I would be very thankful.
    I gotta get offline. If you have any problems or questions about MAME, you can reply to the email I sent and I will try to answer it as soon as I can get back online.

Laterz!