Thread: New ePSXe v.1.7.0 compatibility list thread

Threaded View

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Post New ePSXe v.1.7.0 compatibility list thread

Since the old epsxe v170 compatibility list thread is now lost forever and anyway i was the one that created it I think that is time to post it here specially since all the test were made for the Playstation Datacenter project.

I'll be adding games so keep looking this thread.

LAST UPDATE:
    8-March-2012 15:40 PM CET

This is the DEFAULT CONFIGURATION (use other at your own risk):
    - Cdrom: Internal cdrom plugin
    - Video: Pete Opengl v29 (if you can use it, use this one is the most compatible and best looking one) for the configuration check the Playstation Datacenter:
    http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me/

Other useful plugins are:
    - Pete opengl 177
    - Peops Soft Driver v118

My Opengl v.2.9 configuration is made for a Pentium Intel Core 2 Quad with a Geforce 8600 (512MB) so if is slow for you reduce the filters in the plugins. press the key supr to see how many frames the plugin is giving you.

- Audio: Internal ePSXe plugin. The best one right now.
    - Controller: You have the redefine the pad since is not the same configuration that was used in ePSXe v160. I recommend the dualshock controller, works with most of the games.
    SPECIAL COMMANDS: (needed for some games)
    - -i: This runs the emulator in the most compatible mode, is slower in old pcs. To use this command execute in windows the path of the emulator, for example if you got epsxe170 installed in c:\epsxe170 to run this command you have to execute this way: c:\epsxe170\epsxe.exe -i The emulator is now launched and you can run the iso or the cd the usual way.
    KNOWN BUGS: (needed for some games)
    - The changing disc is a known bug of epsxe 170 cdrom plugin in most of the games, just use another cdrom plugin (like Pe Ops cdrdriver v.1.4, Sapu cdrom plugin, etc) for games with more than one cd.

- Some audio tracks in some games are not supported check each game entry for more info. In windows vista the audio tracks in previous versions of the emulator are not supported so if a specific game got an audio track not supported in epsxe v170 you will have to use another emulator for that game.

In the next posts of this thread is the compatibility list divided by letters.
    Last edited by gladiator (psx datacenter); 8th-March-2012 at 17:08.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gladiator (psx datacenter) For This Useful Post: